Question about port times

This is the first time we are doing excursions on our own...never had to worry about missing the ship before! Are the times listed on the itinerary "ship's time" or local time? In other words, if our docs say we arrive in Grand Cayman at 8AM, is that Cayman Time or Ship Time.(as in arriving at 6AM Cayman )?

Never had to think about this before!

It depends. The captain has the say-so on if your ship changes time to local time or not. I have been on ships that change time, and on ships that do not change time. Your local excursion operator should know what time your ship docks. I would check with them.

This is the first time we are doing excursions on our own...never had to worry about missing the ship before! Are the times listed on the itinerary "ship's time" or local time? In other words, if our docs say we arrive in Grand Cayman at 8AM, is that Cayman Time or Ship Time.(as in arriving at 6AM Cayman )?

Never had to think about this before!

The time listed in the itinerary is always ship time. However, what time zone that will be is a different question. I have been on cruises where the clocks are changed and I have been on cruises where the clocks are not changed. Nonetheless, the itinerary lists ship's time.

What ever the time, just be back in time. On our recent Radiance cruise, the driver of the taxi service got pulled over for breaking a traffic law because we were running late from our self planned excursion.

Turns out he didn't have a valid licence for St. Thomas and the police were going to take him into custody. They did let him drive us back to the ship, but we got to the gang plank with only about 1 minute to sailaway.

It was way to close.

As others have stated, it's always ship time. It is sometimes hard to plan, especially during a recent time change. Last year when we stopped in Mexico the time was two hours earlier than ship time. It was a bummer because shops were closed when we got into port and then had to be back on ship early afternoon.

Archived