Bathing Infant??

FSUSammy

Hey everyone! We don't have definite plans yet but we are hoping to go on a cruise sometime soon. DS will be at least 6 months old and will be able to sit but I think he'd still be too young for the shower. Anyone have any ideas of what we can use to bathe him in our room? I was thinking the little inflatable bath tubs but wasn't sure if that was a good idea.

Hey everyone! We don't have definite plans yet but we are hoping to go on a cruise sometime soon. DS will be at least 6 months old and will be able to sit but I think he'd still be too young for the shower. Anyone have any ideas of what we can use to bathe him in our room? I was thinking the little inflatable bath tubs but wasn't sure if that was a good idea.

You could ask your cabin steward for one of the big ice containers they use. There must be some extras on the ship.

• Administrators

There's a lot of information on this on the Family Cruising board here at Cruise Critic -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Since your baby will be too young for swimming in the regular kiddy pool (no diapers permitted except on very few ships (RCCL's Freedom and Liberty are two of them, though, I think) in very limited circumstances -- constantly running water, no accumulation, etc -- a "splash" zone) many parents bring a small blow up pool to use on the pool deck for baby to splash in (they empty them in the drains on deck after use, not back into the big pools). Those can double as a "tub" on the floor of the cabin shower.

I would bring the little inflatable tub, and definitely a big plastic cup for rinsing, and the "no more tears" soap/shampoo. In a pinch, I've gotten into the shower and sat down with the baby cradled in my lap. Have your partner standing ready outside with the towel because you know how slippery they are.

Archived