Beware Back To Back!!!

bjb1957

Wentworth, We got the medications out of the garbage. They put the trash in big clear trash bags and the assistant pulled it out of the holding area for me to see. Since they were all in sealed pill containers no liquid contaminated them. I had some spray type hand sanitizer that was in a drawer (the drawers and cupboards had not been emptied) and so I sanitized the pill bottles and the other items that I managed to retrieve. Someone else asked in this thread if the supervisor of houskeeping had been informed. She knew of the incident and came to apologize to me while I was doing the laundry.

Hi bjb, what ship/sailing were you on?

I would just like to be able to do a b2b one day....I would let them toss whatever they wanted...even my husband if they needed to (we would probably be ready to kill each other by then anyway).... if they would let me stay on, but i'm doubting that would happen???:(:eek::(

Got back from a b2b on Imagination in Feb.........no problems at all for us. :D There was a family of three that did this as well. Talked with them off/on during the cruise and never any problems of any kind with them either. Hopefully an isolated case! :confused:

Kat

I'm relatively new to cruising and these forums but have read a lot about b2b cruises. Why do people do them? Is there a cost advantage? Just for fun? Why not do something totally different? Im definitely not judging here, just curious about this trend.... thanks for you input.

While there is no direct savings, you can maximize the bang for your buck by doing a B2B. In many cases, the travel costs (airfare, ground transportation/transfers, hotel pre & post-cruise) can add up to as much if not more than the cruise itself. Let's say, hypothetically, that your cruise costs $500 pp and you will spend $500 pp in travel costs for a 7-day cruise. That adds up to $1,000 or about $143 per vacation day.... If instead, you make it a back to back and do 2 cruises at $500 each, you still only have to pay the travel costs once. Therefore, it adds up to $1,500 total or about $107 per vacation day. It's just a better bargain.

You hit it right on target Drew about the transportation cost. We also picked a cruise that did eastern side then second week did the western. Therefore both cruises were completely different. :) Had a GREAT time and would do it again! We have the same birthday and needed to get another one in extra this year. :D So did the b2b so January 09 for our birthdays we will be Platinum.......will bring home no dirty clothes!! lol :p

Happy cruising all!

Kat

Archived