Beware Back To Back!!!

bjb1957

Oh boy stand by for another ridiculous post of lies. To those reading his post just ignore it. The ship has a list of all people doing b2b's and the room steward knows in advance. Further, anyone with a lick of common sense would tell the steward the first time they see them on the first cruise and remind them again on the last night.

I would think that a room not packed up would be a clue that they might be Staying on. Would you throw away someones tux and ball gowns?

You are probably right.

Steve

Oh boy stand by for another ridiculous post of lies. To those reading his post just ignore it. The ship has a list of all people doing b2b's and the room steward knows in advance. Further, anyone with a lick of common sense would tell the steward the first time they see them on the first cruise and remind them again on the last night.

New posters, pay no attention this this person. He has, and always will, have a starfish up his you know what. Poor you. How depressing it must be to be so miserable and negative. I don't believe you have ever posted a positive response to a thread. How sad.

Why do a b2b? First week is the Eastern Caribbean, the next leg is the West. Get your Caribbean fix in one fell swoop! :D

Mizzcard

Are you doing a B2B on the Freedom 11/30/2008

We are doing 11/30/08 the 12/6/08

Cheri

To the person who thinks I am lying, I am sorry that you think I would go onto a forum such as this and post a lie. I know that it seems incredible that a cruise line could do this, but it is what happened to me. I tried to post a review of the cruise in detail last evening but my post was refused and I was told to go back and post it on the board. To those who are wondering, no, all my clothing was not thrown out. They had not gotten around to opening the drawers or the cupboards. They did throw out all the normal things that you would have out in the cabin. That included all of my books, alarm clock, souvenirs, flashlight, towels, my purse, pillows, ball caps, bathing suit cover ups, bathing suits, night gown (some of you are confusing this with an evening gown, it might be called a night dress by some) sunscreen, all the normal things found in a cabin. In the medicine chest they took all of our medications, electric shaver, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, dental mouthguard, floss, everything that you would normally have in a bathroom cabinet and in the shower. They did not open the safe, as I said, they did not open the cupboards and the safe is in the cupboard. I told the pursers desk on the first day, I told the cabin steward on the first day, I told his assistant as we were leaving the ship to clear customs that we would be back. It was just a big communications failure on the ship.

To Cruisecastle and Sinkers22 I am sorry that you think that this is not an honest post. I have never met you, and you have not met me. I resent the fact you think that I am lying. I stand to benefit nothing from posting such an experince.My intent is to ensure that nobody experiences what happened to me. I believe that is what this forum is for.

Yes, I see now that sinkers22 was coming to my defense. I read the post wrong. I was pretty upset reading the posts, I am not accustomed to being called a liar!

I was wondering why sinkers said I've never posted a positive review! Sinkers, my apology.

99.99% of us in here thank you for posting your experience bjb....and hope it never happens to us.

We are looking forward to our b2b (also our very first cruise) in September and will ensure we let EVERYONE know that we are b2bers hehehehe.

Cheers

Col & Sue

We have done some b2b and love doing them. We have always told our stewart that we were staying on the ship for another cruise. I can't imange comming back to my room only to find out that all my things have been thrown away. That would make me sick.

I just did a back to back, and my room steward told me, before I told him, he had a paper stating we were staying, and he let me know what to do with my things as I was moving to the room next door. He was awesome

Same here...and we actually MOVED cabins. He let us know that he would provide the "bellhop" type of baggage cart (with the clothes hanger bar across the top so we did could just take all our hanging clothes from one room to the next without taking off the hanger) and then he moved it for us.

I have never heard of this before, and have done and know several folks that do B2B often

Yes, I see now that sinkers22 was coming to my defense. I read the post wrong. I was pretty upset reading the posts, I am not accustomed to being called a liar!

I was wondering why sinkers said I've never posted a positive review! Sinkers, my apology.

No harm, no foul. If it was me I would be as upset as you were. Friends of ours do back to backs often and have never had anything like that happen to them.

I did get many of my things back but am still realizing that I am missing items, things like nail clippers that you do not use on a daily basis. Can any woman imagine having her purse thrown away? Of course the things that were purchased in ports along the way are really hard to remember off the top of your head because I didn't even have the pleasure of using them. To me it felt like I had been robbed. Thank goodness my home has never been broken into but I think I had the same feeling as a homeowner who discovers he has been broken into. Anyhow, it is still upsetting to me and I posted it because I really do not want anyone to go through what I went through.

YIKES!!! I understand what you went through. Feel the same way, even after almost 6 years, from the time we had a house fire. Every so often, I still look for something and can't find it, then I realize it must have been destroyed.

Did you get any compensation from Carnival on this matter? If not, write a letter ASAP!

Thank you for the warning. Have always wanted to do a back to back. ;)

What is wrong with you? Do you think you're being funny? Why would you call the OP a liar? That's pretty strong.

Don't pay attention to that poster.....he's always so nasty. :rolleyes:

to the OP, I'm really sorry for your experience and hope you can get some sort of compensation for your losses.

The person that is charge of house keeping

should have talked with the steward.......

Just to make sure he knew that you were

staying on.......You would be leaving your things

in the cabin..........

You said the your Steward was sick....

The person cleaning your cabin may have been

one of the cleaning people that you see out

around the ship cleaning....

Still the house keeping superviser should

have told them.............

:eek: :eek:

bjb: Sorry to hear you had an unfortunate issue with doing the b2b. Thanks for the "heads up" about the possible situation. I will with definite, absolute, unmistakeable certainty tell my cabin steward about the continued sailing. . . . .

. . . right after he/she delivers my "beverage purchases" on that final evening of the first leg. :D

Our steward knew we were doing B2B from the first day. I still got my "beverage purchases" delivered the last night of the 1st cruise.

OP What a terrible thing to have happen. I for one appreciate your

coming here to warn us. Even though it was a miscommunication with

your room steward, or his lack of relaying his duties to his substitute, it

did happen.

Can you tell us how you got most of your things bacK? Are you saying

they were thrown out and then retrieved from the trash? Were your

medications lost and how were they refilled? Did Carnival replace your

other items?

To the people who are questioning what happened to the OP.......just

be thankful it hasn't happened to you.

YOU ARE BREAKING THE TERMS OF THE BOARD ! :mad:

Are you trying to tell me they (he) threw away all those valuable things and didn't turn them into the "lost and found"? A purse? :confused: Sounds like grand theft to me if this is true...

Now I understand how that camera, diamond ring, watch, etc. are declared "not found" when passengers accidentally leave the items in their staterooms, and discover it just after leaving the ship! :eek:

The steward finds them and simply throws them away? I cannot believe that the items are thrown out...more like thrown in another stewards stateroom. :rolleyes:

Now I understand how that camera, diamond ring, watch, etc. are declared "not found" when passengers accidentally leave the items in their staterooms, and discover it just after leaving the ship! :eek:

The steward finds them and simply throws them away? I cannot believe that the items are thrown out...more like thrown in another stewards stateroom. :rolleyes:

Yep!:cool:

For those off you that have asked, it was a Carnival ship. I am not "put off" Carnival cruising, as a matter of fact I am booked for the Freedom in October 2008. It was just a very horrible thing to happen, and as I have said, I do believe that is was all mis-communication on the ship. The pursers office had us on this list for back to back, we were staying in the same cabin for the 2 weeks, so what else could it be other than a big communication problem? I would also do back to back again. I have learned through this experience and hopefully Carnival has put some policy in place when a steward comes in to clean a room that has not been vacated. Happy cruising to you all!

lol yep people sometimes dont want the ship to figure out they are doing a B2B until after they get their liquor delivered. too true.

I made sure everyone knew I was doing b2b. I had NO problems getting my liqor delivered so I had plenty to drink for the nex cruise.

I can see this happening. My GF left a closet full of stuff that she didn't want to take. So, people must leave rooms full of stuff all the time. I get a letter towards the end of the cruise telling me I'm b2b and will be staying in the same cabin. From now on I think I will leave a big note:) I usually get a chance to talk to the steward and tell him to leave my room till last as I know they are busy.

Wentworth, We got the medications out of the garbage. They put the trash in big clear trash bags and the assistant pulled it out of the holding area for me to see. Since they were all in sealed pill containers no liquid contaminated them. I had some spray type hand sanitizer that was in a drawer (the drawers and cupboards had not been emptied) and so I sanitized the pill bottles and the other items that I managed to retrieve. Someone else asked in this thread if the supervisor of houskeeping had been informed. She knew of the incident and came to apologize to me while I was doing the laundry.

Archived