NCAA Basketball Tournament Coverage????

3 Dog Night

I'm a huge college basketball fan and I'm going to be on the NCL Star during the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament. It's going to be very difficult totally missing the games. Does anyone know if these games might be on in one of the bars or somewhere else onboard the ship? I think most of the games are broadcast on CBS.

I'm a huge college basketball fan and I'm going to be on the NCL Star during the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament. It's going to be very difficult totally missing the games. Does anyone know if these games might be on in one of the bars or somewhere else onboard the ship? I think most of the games are broadcast on CBS.

Tivo them!

You knew when March maddness was. Why book a cruise then. But to answer your question yes they usually cover those games. They covered the superbowl and the NCAA bowl games.

Last year on the Star, they had the feeds (without the commercials) running in the pub, as well as on the TVs in the cabins. You'll likely find them scheduled in the Freestyle Daily, as well. :) :cool:

Hey, thanks much for the good news - I'll sleep better tonight.

Reason for booking the cruise during March Madness . . . I'm a teacher which allows for NO flexibility in scheduling such things . . . it's either travel at Spring Break or not at all.

Now I can "have my cake and eat it, too"!

Hey, thanks much for the good news - I'll sleep better tonight.

Reason for booking the cruise during March Madness . . . I'm a teacher which allows for NO flexibility in scheduling such things . . . it's either travel at Spring Break or not at all.

Now I can "have my cake and eat it, too"!

Same with us. Our kids have spring break during March Madness. DH does not want to miss his games!

My husband and I are huge CB fans:) We happen to sail the weekend of the finals - yikes! So glad to hear the ships will be able to broadcast them! (We live in Charleston, SC...it's also the same Saturday of our annual Cooper River Bridge Run ::( 30,000 people for that event + 1400 fotr the Majesty - OMG :eek: GO HEELS!!!

On the Dawn, recently, there was only one sports channel - ESPN.

There were no normal broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, etc)

There was nothing about TV in the Freestyle Dailies.... I think that there was something in our cabin about the available channels. There is a channel listing on one of the TV channels periodically. The public room tv's had the same channel line up as the cabins.

As you can see in my signature, most of my cruises are with NCL during the NCAA's. The DW is a teacher,,,had to go then. Never had a problem catching a game that I wanted to see, either at the pool bar or sports bar if the pool bar was closed. Funny thing, they didn't seem as important once on the ship!!;)

We love NCL and freestyle and leave next week (YEAH) because it's spring break and I'm also a teacher. If you really want to have a fun sports experience and don't mind trying a different line book a Princess ship with MUTS. One of my best all time cruise experiences was watching the final game of the NCAA tournament on the outdoor screen, with padded chairs, blankets and popcorn with a spirited cruise group.

• 1 year later...

who cares none of my teams are even in it???!!!

I am only kidding of course...My guess is, you will not be able to see the tourny, I hope I am wrong..

Nita

We cruise every spring break during the NCAA tourney. Every time I have seen the games. Problem is that in the early rounds you may not see "your" team. Other problem can be bad weather. the satellite can go in and out.

Don't worry about the fact that the ships don't typically carry the big networks; the satellite guy on the ship always pulls in a feed for the "big" events. They know that people would be jumping off the vessel if they didnt. Enjoy!

I also have no choice but to cruise spring break, and in our case it is typically the first week of April... and usually means I get to see the final 4 that weekend from either/and a hotel/ship. Tuesday's final is always on a ship and has always been on.

GO STATE!

I just got off of the Spirit and they were playing all the college basketball games from ESPN in numerous places. Actually, I'm pretty sure you can even watch the games in your room. You'll get ESPN, pretty sweet huh?

BIG YAWN!!!!

It is college basketball!!! Who cares?

lots of us care, it is one of the biggest sports events in the country, if not the biggest.

I am so glad all of you say they will be carrying the games. We haven't cruised in the past few years during any major sports event periods, but have in the past and the games were not being covered or only part of them..

Now I will remain neutral on who will be in the final 4, at least for now I will.

Nita

My son is a big TARHEELS fan and my daughter is a big DUKE fan. I seem to favor the TARHEELS. GO TARHEELS!!!!!! I hope everyone gets to see the games. Have a great cruise everyone. I will be on the Dawn in May to Bermuda, cannot wait.

So your daughter got all the brains in the family, huh. :D

Seriously, though, I never schedule anting major during the NCAA tourney or Superbowl weekend. :cool:

While you may see some of the NCAA tourney basketball games, don't necessarily count on watching the game you wish. There will be others onboard who wish to watch games which are different than the games you wish to watch. And there will be hockey fans wanting to watch their games, along with baseball fans wanting the same at the bars and lounges. And if you are sailing from New York, the Yankees and Mets fans rule until football season.

Archived