passion island shore excursion

Hello fellow cruisers! We will be going on a 4day cruise to cozumel in March on Navigator of the Seas. Has anyone done the passion island escape shore excursion booked thru the ship for $74.00 pp? Was it worth it or should I book a day at an all-inclusive resort in Cozumel? Cozumel is the only port stop on this cruise. I'm planning this mini vacation as a suprise for my husband and want this day to be special ( nice beach, good snorkling, great food and libations)!!! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!!!

Passion Island is just about perfect. It's a beautiful beach -- think Corona commercials -- with beautiful warm clear water, great guacamole and chips, good and plenty food and drink. We loved it and I don't remember seeing any bad comments about it. One of our favorites.... Have fun!

Definitely worth it if it will just be you and your husband, it is a beautiful place and the best thing is that it is not crowded! Wouldn't advise with kids/teens as you still have to pay full price and there aren't as many activities for them. My kids (at the time 10/12) were bored.

Hello fellow cruisers! We will be going on a 4day cruise to cozumel in March on Navigator of the Seas. Has anyone done the passion island escape shore excursion booked thru the ship for $74.00 pp? Was it worth it or should I book a day at an all-inclusive resort in Cozumel? Cozumel is the only port stop on this cruise. I'm planning this mini vacation as a suprise for my husband and want this day to be special ( nice beach, good snorkling, great food and libations)!!! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!!!

I went in Sept, and I think the only thing I didn't like was that there weren't any padded chairs. There were some hard wooden ones under umbrellas, and some hard plastic white ones near the water (those weren't too bad).

Plus the only shade was a few tables/umbrellas and some trees further away from the water. I would have liked to have umbrellas and padded chairs.

However, it was still a beautiful beach and the food (included) was really good. Next time, I think I'll try another beach--but that's just me. I don't go to the beach to get a tan, I go to sit and look at the beautiful water and read a book (on comfy chairs).

Bring $$ though because you have to tip the guide and the cooks, and I think the driver as well. And they sell you a photo for $10 if you want (which I did--it was a good photo).

• 2 weeks later...
Been twice now and it was a real good time.;)

Like one of the other posters mentioned...it is not a great place for children IMHO.:)

It is more for a kind of laid back party group that wants a nice beach with warm water and good food and drink.:p

Bob:)

How did you book you tour? Did you book it through the ship? Can you book it independently and maybe save some money? My wife and I are thinking about going there and wondering if you liked it and would want to go back? Sorry for all the questions, it's my first post.

My parents went last year and said they really enjoyed it. You can only book through the cruise line and not available privately. I had read some comments when I was researching it for my parents that a few people just "showed up" and the ferry spot and were allowed to go after paying a fee but there is no guarantee that you will be allowed. I have not been there but I understand that it is a bit of a drive to get there from the port so I would not chance it by not having a reservation. The drive was scenic and informative (transportation included). The only complaint my parents had was that it wasn't enough time. They really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and food. They don't drink but bar was included and drinks "looked" nice. They did have a shady spot with lounge chairs under a small palm tree and their pictures were lovely. No one in water snorkling. Water was warm and clear but I don't think much to see. We went to Coz after them but did not go to Passion Island because they also commented that there was not much for kids to do as others have pointed out. We went to Nachi Cocum. Nice beach and great food. Pool and hot tub but we did not use. Private activities offered but the weather turned on us a few hours after we arrived so we didn't get a chance to try anything. The usual wave runner/parasailing/snorkel offerings at expected prices. A bit down the beach we could see Paradise Beach which also looked like fun. You can find tons of info on either if these places. CC is so helpful and you can see which will suit your needs. Have fun planning.

We have booked this excusion for next week April 5th, woohooo, it is getting so close. Everything we have read on Passion has been awesome!! AI is one of the reasons I can't wait to go!! :p

And from what I have read, if you are a couple this would be perfect... relaxing and beautiful!

We used Carrie at *****, She was so very helpful and talk about quick response..I would recommend her to anyone.

We will be giving a review as soon as we return..

Tina

Guest Cruise Four Fun

I was there last week and loved it. We are a family of 10, (extended family), which included a 10 and 11 year old, as well as a 3 and 2 year old, with 6 adults, (grandparents and parents), the typical family crowd!

We all loved it. There were paddle boats, kayaks, and even a "race track" with battery powered 4 wheelers for the little ones. There was a water trampoline as well, with a slide that was fun for all the "kids", (afterall we are all somone's kid arent we?). The food was good, the drinks were great, and very plentiful.

I saw a previous note that said "you have to tip the guide, the cooks, and the driver". Nobody has to tip anyone, you tip for good service, which we received.

There were serveral hammocks, but those were taken when we arrived, lots of shaded areas, both from the trees, as well as little huts scattered around the beach.

There are some shops as well, with traditional souveniers, hats, caps, and even some sinks, yes sinks. Those were very interesting, as they were very colorful in the way they were painted. They use those same sinks in the restrooms.

Overall this was a great excursion, for families as well as couples. There is tons of room on the beach so if you want seclusion you can get that. We were there during spring break, and the island was not crowded at all.

If you go, take your binnoculars so you can see what looks to be a ferry boat, or small passanger type boat that ran aground to the north and west of the island. It was to far away for my camera lens to get a good look at it, but it added to day, trying to figure out how it go there.

How did you book you tour? Did you book it through the ship? Can you book it independently and maybe save some money? My wife and I are thinking about going there and wondering if you liked it and would want to go back? Sorry for all the questions, it's my first post.

Hi there...

Ask as many questions as you would like. ;)

That is what this board is for, always glad to help anyone that needs info about their cruise. :)

You can only book the excursion through the ship.

We really enjoyed the excursion. As I mentioned we have been there twice and would go back again for sure, although we would like to do something else possibly for a change.

We've never been but a friend of ours swears it's the best time! We are going to try it out next time!

Have a great time!:)

I'm that friend and it was a blast! Hey Sheila!

BTW these people make the best guacamole I ever tasted IMHO! And I'm a Texan by birth! Yummy! In fact everything was good from the fish to the BBQ chicken, but chips and guac were my faves. You will love it!

We booked thru RC. From what I understand and I am probably wrong, that is the only way to book Passion Island.

:) Hey, just to clarify things, I booked my excursion to Passion Island at www.*****. The service was great and it was cheaper than booking thru the ship. We did the the Beach Adventure. My favorite thing besides the food and drinks, was sleeping in a hammock with the cool ocean breeze. I highly recommend it!

Bob, That is not true follow link above.Same excursion for less.

Thanks for the link Ken.

I was always told that we had to book through the cruiseline on the boards.:cool:

Search different things to do in Cozumel on the internet and Passion Island never popped up anywhere. :confused:

I have to say this was one of the better excursions we did on our first cruise. We were on Passion Island on Thursday and had an amazing time. The food was great! The best guacamole I have EVER had. The fish and BBQ chicken was very tasty as well. The beach was great, white sand, 5 shades of blue/turquoise water.

Alexandro was a great tour guide, within 10 minutes of getting on the bus he knew all 55 cruisers names and remembered them for the entire day. He was very entertaining.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the length of time spent on the island. We had 3 hrs to eat, swim, and drink as much as we could. The ride to and from is quite lengthy clocking in around 45 minutes each way which included a AC coach ride and a tender to the island.

Overall we couldn't have asked for a nicer beach to be on and highly recommend this excursion to anyone that is considering it!:D

:) Hey, just to clarify things, I booked my excursion to Passion Island at www.*****. The service was great and it was cheaper than booking thru the ship. We did the the Beach Adventure. My favorite thing besides the food and drinks, was sleeping in a hammock with the cool ocean breeze. I highly recommend it!

Yes that is the company.

Thanks for the link Ken.

I was always told that we had to book through the cruiseline on the boards.:cool:

Search different things to do in Cozumel on the internet and Passion Island never popped up anywhere. :confused:

Until March 1 it wasnt available to outside comapnies from what i understand.

• 2 weeks later...
We have booked this excusion for next week April 5th, woohooo, it is getting so close. Everything we have read on Passion has been awesome!! AI is one of the reasons I can't wait to go!! :p

And from what I have read, if you are a couple this would be perfect... relaxing and beautiful!

We used Carrie at *****, She was so very helpful and talk about quick response..I would recommend her to anyone.

We will be giving a review as soon as we return..

Tina

Did you do the twister boat tour or land tour? Anyone with recent reviews?

Archived