Luggage on Debarkation day

sn2792

We are new to Celebrity. We have eleven cruises with RCCL. Can we keep our luggage the last night and just take if off the ship with us in the morning? This is what we have done on our last few RCCL cruises so we don't have to bring an extra overnight bag.

Thanks for your help.

We are new to Celebrity. We have eleven cruises with RCCL. Can we keep our luggage the last night and just take if off the ship with us in the morning? This is what we have done on our last few RCCL cruises so we don't have to bring an extra overnight bag.

Thanks for your help.

I just returned recently from my first Celebrity cruise and they did allow this. Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I did.

Thanks for the response. I can't imagine not having a great time. We are taking a 10 night on Constellation for our 25th Wedding Anniv. Leave in 5 days for Ft. Lauderdale. We are getting really excited.

What about Customs? I thought that the purpose of the cruise line collecting luggage and putting it in the luggage pickup area was for the drug dogs to sniff them for contraband. If you take all your luggage off the ship yourself, is there an inspection of your luggage when you're disembarking? Does that take longer than just picking up your luggage in the luggage area?

I believe that when customs are involved, you are responsible for taking them through yourself. When we came back into San Juan - we went through customs as we left the docks and the same was true when we left the ship last summer in Italy. If they had issues with your luggage - you were pulled aside then in both places.

Archived