jesters

mgkdk

It's the dance club, two stories, gothic themed. Two bars, one of the top level (which looks down on the dance floor) and one downstairs where most of the seating is.

The dance club on all Voyager and Freedom Class ships (excluding Voyager) are the same.

I wish RC would be a little more imaginative instead of copying the same thing on 7 ships!!! :p Don't get me wrong, I've loved it each time... but a few new and interesting variations in dance club design wouldn't hurt. Definitely one of the few things I like better about Carnival.

• 2 years later...

The disco on the AOS and VOS are exact duplicates but with different themes. Jesters is a disco where the DJ plays recorded music. It is two levels with the top (deck 4) looking down on the bottom (deck 3). It is not particularly large in size and can get crowded on the bottom. The wooden dance floor is adequate but not large complete with disco lighting of course. They have theme nights where the music will be tied to something such as 80's music. Usually around 11:00 PM or so they switch to requests or what the DJ wants to play. To me the disco reminds me of a dungeon and is not attractive. There are no windows. I preferred the disco on the Rhapsody which was on the top deck overlooking the ship. On the Princess ships it is on the top deck with windows and a more open dance floor.

BTW expect a lot of Puerto Ricans aboard the AOS, particularly extended families. Announcements are given first in English and then in Spanish. They can be a lively group who like to party. We had a lot of fun on the AOS and want to do it again.

Archived