Single Parent w/ 2 Teenagers

PurpleGatorJJG

Ok, a quick question about single parents travelling with 2 teenager girls.

Does Carnival or Royal Caribbean have "larger" regular rooms that all 3 of them could stay in, without piling on top of each other?

Or do you think they would be better off in a suite?

Of course, one large room would be cheaper than a suite. But they need enough room to sleep and shower in at least *sorta* comfortably.

Thanks for any help !!!

Does Carnival or Royal Caribbean have "larger" regular rooms that all 3 of them could stay in, without piling on top of each other?

Or do you think they would be better off in a suite?

Of course, one large room would be cheaper than a suite. But they need enough room to sleep and shower in at least *sorta* comfortably.

Thanks for any help !!!

Define "piling in"? I think you can find many cabins on board either line which will comfortably fit three. Some of the rooms are designed to fit even more. Certainly a suite would be nicer and if money is no object but is not really necessary. One question to ask would be if a single bath is enough for all three to share.

Carnival is known for their larger cabins, even their non-suites. I also don't understand the piling in comment, as I've seen four and five in a regular cabin, so three isn't that bad. But RCCI also has nice size regular cabins, so I don't think they really need a suite. Besides, those teens will be off having so much fun with new-found friends, the mom won't be seeing them except to sleep and shower. Also, the mom needs to know that she'll need a notorized letter from her child's father, giving her permission to take the child out of the country. And, she'll need a notorized letter from both of the friend's parents giving her permission to take that child out of the US and giving her permission to make emergency decisions for that child. If she doesn't have both those letters, they will not be allowed to board the ship, and they won't get a refund. Plus, if the kids are 16 or older, both will need a photo ID along with their passport or original birth certificate.

I have shared an inside cabin on NCL with 2 other adults and there was plenty of room and NCL cabins are pretty small so i think you would be fine sharing with your teens. Carnival cabins are a bit bigger, also you can use the nice showers in the spa which cut down on congestion of sharing 1 shower with 3 people.

Archived