Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas or Carnival Inspiration: Please help!!!

CLATHEN

I've only taken 1 previous cruise, Carnival Sensation to the Bahamas and that was a Girls only trip. This time I'll be traveling to Mexico with my fiance and I'm torn between RC Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival Inspiration.

Here are some of the things that I have questions about so far:

- I've read that the outside cabins on RC are about 30 sq ft smaller than those on Carnival, I'm wondering if thats really a huge deal.

- Also, the Carnival ship has custom Pizza, Calzones and salads available 24hrs. I'm not sure of what food options RC has aside from room service during late hours.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I loved the casual atmosphere on Carnival but I would like to try something new.

it's true, especially onn Enchantment (an older ship) the cabins on RCI ARE smaller than any other major cruiseline! It's a big deal, for me, but it depends on your tolerence for tight spaces! RCI does a great job, as far as making the best use of the small space! Also, their service is above and beyond Carnival!!!

I can't imagine eating 24 hours, but RCI does have 24 hr. room service, if you have to eat all the time!

We have been on both ships. Enchantment of the Seas* was so much nicer - better entertainment - better service - better deck plan - better everything!

I was ready to get off the ship at the end of five days of Inspiration**. On Enchantment, I kept wishing for a few more days.

* Enchantment cruise was about 6 years ago - things may have changed

** Inspiration cruise was last month

Hey Clathen...I have been on both and there is no comparison. The Enchantment is sooooo much more tastefully done. I am going back on the Enchantment next week and haven't yet seen her since the "stretch". I can't wait! I will let you know if there is a major change or disappointment.

I do have to say that the bedding on Carnival was much better, but I think RCCL has wised-up and changed to better linens and duvets. Go look at the reviews on both as well. That will help! :)

We have been on both ships. Enchantment of the Seas* was so much nicer - better entertainment - better service - better deck plan - better everything!

I was ready to get off the ship at the end of five days of Inspiration**. On Enchantment, I kept wishing for a few more days.

* Enchantment cruise was about 6 years ago - things may have changed

** Inspiration cruise was last month

Yes both are old ships now- I would think neither will be a good cruise for a previous crusier who have been on the much newwer, much nicer ships and have never been on an older ship. For a first time cruise either would work-as a newer crusier has nothing to compare.

I have not been on Enchantment and it is 4 years since I was on the Inspiration.

Hey Clathen...I have been on both and there is no comparison. The Enchantment is sooooo much more tastefully done. I am going back on the Enchantment next week and haven't yet seen her since the "stretch". I can't wait! I will let you know if there is a major change or disappointment.

I do have to say that the bedding on Carnival was much better, but I think RCCL has wised-up and changed to better linens and duvets. Go look at the reviews on both as well. That will help! :)

Be sure and post back after your cruise. I have not heard good things about the enchantment for recent crusiers.

Unfortunately ships age fast. By the time a ship is 5 or 6 years old it is already looking aged.

Enchantment was lengthened and refurbished a couple years ago.

I've cruised on Enchantment and agree that she is an awesome ship. She is gorgeous!

I was on Ispiration for reasons other than a cruise, so I can only comment on looks and layout. Let's just say GAUDY!!!

Archived