Good Independent Tour Company at Grand Cayman

cpprinttom

We went through grandcaymancruiseexcursions dot com (Island Marketing) and booked the 3-hour Eco Outrage Tour with John Michael. It was a wonderful tour - John Michael took us to Stingray City (much more fun than with a large group), then snorkeling, then to Starfish Beach. You can book through the Island Marketing website, or you can contact John Michael directly at jmvbs@candw.ky.

We took a tour through nativeways last February in Grand Cayman - it was the highlight of our cruise! The staff was friendly an knowledgeable. We went snorkeling at a coral reef, where we saw an eel up close, and our boys got to pet a nurse shark! Then to Stingray Sandbar to swim with the rays, and finally to Rum Point Beach for lunch (and the best strawberry daquiri I have EVER had!). Bring your camera - Rum Point Beach is breathtaking. Prices were 1/2 what the Carnival excursions cost, and we weren't packed in like sardines!

Hope that helps!

What was the cost?

Did you go to Rum Point?

Thanks

Yes' date=' we did Rum Point for a few hours toward the end of the tour. It is gorgeous and not to be missed. Quiet and private. I think it was $75 per hour for the 5 of us. We booked for 4 hours but went over a bit. Drove all over seeing the mansions on the water, Symmets cove, the blowholes (gorgeous pictures) and rum cake factory on the way back to the ship which is what put us over the 4 hrs. It was great. We split the cost with another couple and their child so it was about $175 each family for the day. Very worth it. The guide took my hand and walked me down and back up the rocks at the blowholes. I am very glad i did not miss out on the experience. Wear water shoes:) [/color']

We went through grandcaymancruiseexcursions dot com (Island Marketing) and booked the 3-hour Eco Outrage Tour with John Michael. It was a wonderful tour - John Michael took us to Stingray City (much more fun than with a large group), then snorkeling, then to Starfish Beach. You can book through the Island Marketing website, or you can contact John Michael directly at jmvbs@candw.ky.

Native Ways are booked for the day we're in port. So I am interested in this tour, because it's the only one that takes you to star fish beach. Is it worth it? I have two 5 year old boys with me, so full day of snorkeling is out of question. This seams like a well balanced kid-friendly tour.

Another question: where did you snorkel? Barrier reef?

Native Ways are booked for the day we're in port. So I am interested in this tour, because it's the only one that takes you to star fish beach. Is it worth it? I have two 5 year old boys with me, so full day of snorkeling is out of question. This seams like a well balanced kid-friendly tour.

Another question: where did you snorkel? Barrier reef?

If your 5 year olds are comfortable in the water, I think they'd enjoy it. Holding a starfish was the highlight of the tour for my youngest. The water at Starfish Beach isn't deep, and the beach is nice. John Michael was very good with my kids - the younger two weren't into snorkeling, so they stayed in the boat and John Michael brought up a conch to show to them. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where we were; it was a barrier reef not far from Stingray City. We were the only ones there.

I have a few photos (I don't have the ones I took with the waterproof camera developed yet):

1476268294_SteveandMattonOutrage.jpg.6215e338118f5a44339a8b67c812880b.jpg

1379929701_StarfishBeach.jpg.a4ff59888e30e959b8ace42b6d2c8497.jpg

Starfish.jpg.2a5bea3d6d8337c9ec7bfaba92a6d031.jpg

Archived