Cost of Train

luvtacruise27

Has anyone taken the Alaska Railroad and/or the Grayline Motor Coach car on the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Port of Whittier? If so, cost?

Thanks for any help.

luvtacruise27

The railroad is $60 per person from Anchorage to Whittier; roundtrip is $74. I haven't taken it yet but will be in June for my cruise that leaves out of Whittier.

Susan

Be advised that Anchorage /Whittier is essentially parallel, road and train. There is only one train, leaves at 10am. But there are many road shuttle options. Depending on your preferences, I would not be in any rush to get on a ship, there is plenty to see and do in Alaska. Early arrival in Whittier is great if you want a PWS boat tour. Otherwise, if you haven't been in Alaska frequently, there are some very interesting touring areas to also consider.

we broke down and rented a car. IF anyone does rent avis look for codes through BJ's costco etc.

Anyone know the tunnel cost? We are hoping to get our stuff on the ship and go do the PWS tour (coupon on Northern Lights)

Archived