San Juan hotel deal!

39august

I just found a special rate of $115 per nite for the Hotel Miramar, which has mostly very good traveler ratings. Go to their web site and scroll down to the Utell hotel specials. This is a 3 star hotel. Never stayed there, but made a reservation for our Oct. cruise. I will try Priceline a week or so before travel and if I get a better deal, I'll take it. But I haven't had a whole lot of luck on Priceline for the past year.

I just found a special rate of $115 per nite for the Hotel Miramar, which has mostly very good traveler ratings. Go to their web site and scroll down to the Utell hotel specials. This is a 3 star hotel. Never stayed there, but made a reservation for our Oct. cruise. I will try Priceline a week or so before travel and if I get a better deal, I'll take it. But I haven't had a whole lot of luck on Priceline for the past year.

I have to interject based on several clients comments that stayed at this property (booked on their own before you ask).... BUYER BEWARE ! Comments such as "dirty", "poor customer service", and "outdated rooms" were the jist of their comments and merely PERSONAL OPINIONS provided to me. I have not stayed their personally and cannot verify the accuracy of their reviews.

Please keep in mind that the *** rating system is so inconsistent. What is a 4 star to one supplier is a 3 star to another. I would suggest going to tripadvisor.com and scan the reviews.....if the majority are good on any property you are researching, you are probably safe. If negatives are similiar in a variety of posts from people previously staying there, that may be throwing up some flags you should be aware of before booking.

We are staying there Saturday Night, booked through VIP Travel. I am alittle concerned after seeing mixed reviews. Some say poor, fair, OK, and the best place ever! As lon as it is clean it will be OK for a night. I am not going with real high expectations which will most likely influence my opinion. But, I will let you know upon getting back around the 1st of April!

PL

So if I bid on priceline how low should I start or what can I expect to get a resort for?? I take it $110 is a great deal.

Marriott is really nice .. we have stayed there twice. When we were there in January .. the cheap rooms were going for $346 a night .. ours were free thanks to Marriott points. $110 a night is FANTASTIC !!!

I got the Marriott for a 2 day pre stay and 1 day post for $115 on Priceline.

We got the Marriott Stellaris for $85/night (+taxes&fees=$109) for a post cruise stay last March on priceline.

The previous Oct. got the Miramar at $75 (+taxes&fees=$95) on Hotwire. Then it was rated as 2 1/2* but it had just been renovated thus was given the 3* just after our stay. It's an older hotel with very large rooms. It was clean with a staff we found very helpful, did have a very nice and extensive cont. breakfast included and is the closes hotel to the Pan Am pier on Isla Grande but had no pool and wasn't close to the beach. The closes beach would be in Condado about 1/2 mile away but to walk there you would have to go part way along the #26 or #1 expressways which runs side by side there. It also offered free internet service on a computer in the public lounge behind the reception area.

Robtulipe, thanks for the info on Miramar. I will be looking at both Hotwire and Priceline a couple of weeks before our stay, but if I end up staying with the Miramar, sounds like I got a pretty fair deal. No pool or close beach is not an issue for a one night precruise stay. We don't even get into SJU until 6:30 PM!

Archived