All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Would it be smarter to buy your own snorkel gear if you plan on snorkeling on more than one island? Also, is it a hassel to carry around this gear on the islands? Can you take it back to the ship after you are done with snorkeling?

We are going on the East Carr. Route with Cococay, St. thomas, and St maarten.

I noticed several people with snorkel gear bags. I snorkeled at two locations (Grand Cayman and Cozumel) and wish I had brought my own equipment from my marine biology course.

The equipment through a tour company is very basic and in Grand Cayman the snorkel was crappy (no flexible area made it challenging to keep in mouth- I did alright with lots of previous experience the rest of my family (newbies) drank lots of sea water!) ... in Cozumel I had a one-on-one tour and the guide gave me one of his snorkels which was very nice- though the one they issued me before we started talking about my experiences was crappy as well.

I thought Leigh Daniels did a great job as CD... but having never cruised before this trip I don't have anything to compare him to. Richard Spacey should be back as CD now though- he was out of town for a wedding which is why Leigh took over.

Where did you hear this?

I'd love for this to be the case

Edited by nlcentralchmps03

Originally Posted by FutureDRWorldTraveller viewpost.gif

I thought Leigh Daniels did a great job as CD... but having never cruised before this trip I don't have anything to compare him to. Richard Spacey should be back as CD now though- he was out of town for a wedding which is why Leigh took over.

I have read many places that Richard Spacey's last week was last week of May and that he is going to the new Oasis. I imagine they are already gearing up for the New Crown Jewel.

FOS- Eastern 11/8/09- anxiously awaiting Nov.

Huh ? I thought he was off Freedom entirely ? Which rumor is true ?

Just got off the western itinerary yesterday. We had lobster on the 2nd formal evening (Thursday). And yes, it was very good.

Awesome, Lobster is always very good on a formal night, I also like Prime rib if it is available that same night :)

Well Leigh told the whole boat on the farewell show that he was just filling in (his real title is activities director I believe)... they showed a video of him and Spacey and explained that Spacey was the director and that is why he was in all the Royal Caribbean commercials that are on the TVs....

They said that Spacey would be going to Oasis in December but not that he wouldn't be back on the ship.... guess we can all ask the people who return for this weeks cruise who was their CD

Well Leigh told the whole boat on the farewell show that he was just filling in (his real title is activities director I believe)... they showed a video of him and Spacey and explained that Spacey was the director and that is why he was in all the Royal Caribbean commercials that are on the TVs....

They said that Spacey would be going to Oasis in December but not that he wouldn't be back on the ship.... guess we can all ask the people who return for this weeks cruise who was their CD

Did they say he was at a wedding?

Our group just returned from the eastern caribbean on the Freedom. Everyone had a great time and not a single complaint. DW and I both had the most restful sleep, during the entire cruise, that we've had in a very long time...the bed was so comfortable. Unfortunately, we did not investigate and find out the name brand of the matress. Does anyone know this information. As soon as we got home, both of us went right back to restless sleeping and waking up with our backs aching.

I thought Leigh was very good as well!

We are onboard the Freedom now on the Eastern route and Leigh Daniels is still the cruise director.

To answer the other question posted about formal nights they were Monday (Coco Cay day) and Thursday (St. Maarten) and the lobster and prime rib were good tonight.

Good weather, great ship and lots of fun.

Big day at sea tomorrow!

FOS September 13 ,2009 Hi I am going in september already booked can't wait .... I reserved room 8690 itsa D2 balcony does anyone have pictures of a simlar balcony and how private is it ?

If you are going to post your cabin number, there is no need to post the date that you will be in it.

I am in desperate need of the new cruise compass for the Freedom. I have the old ones prior to the ship moving, but I really need the new ones. I want to make reservations at Chops and I need to try and plan when I will need in room sitting so I can request this the first day on board. Can anyone post these or agree to post these when returning in the near future? I hate to beg but...ppppplllllleeeeaaaassseeeeee!!!!!:D

Catherine..........we are going on the 6/21 Freedom. That is western. I'll post them, if you like when I return.

Are you western or eastern?

We just got back from the eastern FOS, and before we left I tried to book Chops online and the only times they had was 5:30. When we boarded, I went to Chops and they had many times for any day available. I guess they hold back some times for people who don’t book online.