All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Both feature the RCI singers and dancers. Marquis is a review of numbers from famous Broadway musicals, but other than a nod to Phantom and maybe one other "recent" production, they are all from much, much older Broadway of a very similar nature. Think: 42nd Street, Cabaret, etc. They all just ran together for me! Nothing from Wicked, Momma Mia, Evita, Miss Saigon, or even Cats or Hair! So, it was OK, but I fell asleep. As for Once Upon a Time, it was more imaginative, using the storylines of famous farytales, like Rapunzel, Snow White, etc., but with the more current numbers from Broadway! So they did something from Hair (guess which fairy tale?), something from Wicked, and so on. It was much more entertaining, in my opinion. As for shows, though, DO NOT MISS the Ice Show! There, the imagination, effort and creativity really comes out, with professional skaters doing their best on a very small rink, and themes that came from all the things I wished were part of Marquis. That's my rundown, for what's it's worth, which is after all, just a matter of opinion. Have fun, no matter what! I had a blast and was glad to be there watching Marquis, Once Upon a Time and the Ice Show,instead of back home in the office!

Also, there was a comedian there, but I just saw a bit of his bit on the ship's TV only.

Dave

Thanks! That's the explanation I was looking for! :)

Hi Everyone-

My husband and I just came off the Oasis of the Seas last week and we loved it. Last year we saild the Adventure of the Seas and loved that! Next year we want to try the Freedom and do the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. My only fear is that we will be disappointed after coming off the Oasis. We are very easy going, love Royal Caribbean, and usually go with the flow no matter what the situation.

I just want to make sure this ship will provide the same fun entertainment, activities, and wonderful pool side fun that the last 2 cruises provided us with.

We love laying by the pool during the day and then hanging out in the Royal Promenade at night before dinner. We do the 8:30 dining typically in the dining room and have loved our waiters thus far and ALL of our past dinners there.

What is your advice? Do you think we will find this ship just as impressive? Again, I know there is not a central park or Aqua Theatre on this ship, however, we are actually looking for something a bit smaller and picked this ship.

HELP! Just want to make sure we are making the right choice. :D

Hi Everyone-

My husband and I just came off the Oasis of the Seas last week and we loved it. Last year we saild the Adventure of the Seas and loved that! Next year we want to try the Freedom and do the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. My only fear is that we will be disappointed after coming off the Oasis. We are very easy going, love Royal Caribbean, and usually go with the flow no matter what the situation.

I just want to make sure this ship will provide the same fun entertainment, activities, and wonderful pool side fun that the last 2 cruises provided us with.

We love laying by the pool during the day and then hanging out in the Royal Promenade at night before dinner. We do the 8:30 dining typically in the dining room and have loved our waiters thus far and ALL of our past dinners there.

What is your advice? Do you think we will find this ship just as impressive? Again, I know there is not a central park or Aqua Theatre on this ship, however, we are actually looking for something a bit smaller and picked this ship.

Freedom is the in-between from Voyager Class to Oasis Class. If you felt like the Oasis was just too big and the Adventure just slightly too small, then the Freedom would be a perfect choice.. We are doing the same, we got off the Oasis and can't wait to board the Freedom! We chose this ship because it was quite cheaper and just to try out something new and fresh. Freedom of the Seas is just like the Adventure, just a bit longer and with some little extras here and there like the Flowrider and H2O zone..

I have sailed the Freedom many times. It is my favorite ship. If you liked the Adventure, then you will definitely like the Freedom. They are very similar, the Freedom is just a little roomier and has things like the flowrider. You will be very happy.

Hi Everyone-

I'm considering going back to Freedom after Allure. We loved Allure, but as a pool person I love Freedom's Solarium more than Allure's Solarium. As far as the Eastern route, I would trade Coco Cay for Nassau anyday. I think you will enjoy yourself.

And going this Sunday LOL, last minute thing, booked yesterday, WOW. We have not been on the Allure, or Oasis for a cruise, and may not, well that is up for grabs, but the Freedom is our Favorite, not toooooo big, and has lots of nice features that make cruising fun. Not to take any thing away from the Mariner or Navigator but the slight difference in size is wonderful.

kmorg1234-

Its a tender from the information I have found. We have never tendered at any port and actually want to try it. However, I have heard that due to weather, this stop is often skipped and it becomes a 4th sea day often......Have many of you found this to be true?:confused:

Yes. We missed it three weeks ago :(

Yes, they do tender. We were on the Oct 9 sailing which hit the really bad storm with a strong list and things were broken, etc. However, that next day, we did arrive a little late but the seas were great for tendering and we got to spend a lovely day there. I thought for sure after the rough seas we had when we left Port that we would not get to visit Coco Cay but it all worked out great.

Hello all any of you happen to remember if the mini frig's on the freedom of the seas have a small freezer area at all some times that In a small apt size one they have a small area in the top that you can have a ice pack in them. Just wondering if any of you remember or have a photo. Thank you in advance!!!

Does anyone know about WiFi on Freedom?? My daughter's sign language teacher would like her to skype with her classmate a couple of times during the week. Does it cost a lot??? Does it work???

It is expensive, and it depends on your definition of "work". I talked to a couple of people on board who used it and they both said it was agonizingly slow.

As for cost, this is from the RCCL website:

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

Edited by gcvt

Hello all any of you happen to remember if the mini frig's on the freedom of the seas have a small freezer area at all some times that In a small apt size one they have a small area in the top that you can have a ice pack in them. Just wondering if any of you remember or have a photo. Thank you in advance!!!

No freezer compartment in our D1 category cabin. Can't speak for suites though.

I must say though, I was quite impressed with the mini fridge! I read a lot on here about how they are more of a 'cooler' than a fridge. Not true in our cabin at all. The first thing we did was remove all the beverages and snacks, put them on the shelf to the left, and put a post-it note on the fridge saying nothing had been consumed with an arrow pointing left. We then used it for all of our own things. We put warm beverages in there and they got cold pretty quick. If you get the thick silver insulated ice bucket, it'll keep ice quite well - I imagine you could keep an ice pack in there without any problems.

Edited by gcvt

No freezer compartment in our D1 category cabin. Can't speak for suites though.

I must say though, I was quite impressed with the mini fridge! I read a lot on here about how they are more of a 'cooler' than a fridge. Not true in our cabin at all. The first thing we did was remove all the beverages and snacks, put them on the shelf to the left, and put a post-it note on the fridge saying nothing had been consumed with an arrow pointing left. We then used it for all of our own things. We put warm beverages in there and they got cold pretty quick. If you get the thick silver insulated ice bucket, it'll keep ice quite well - I imagine you could keep an ice pack in there without any problems.

OK thank you i like the tip of just remove some stuff good idea and leave a post it note i plan on doing just that! thanks

:o Hello everyone! I've been on RCI 3 times so far - twice on explorer, once on Monarch. We are now ready to take a step up to a bigger ship and longer cruise - Freedom! We are going to be booking soon for a February 2013 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise.

I have a few questions I am hoping you can help me with:

1) What nights are formal nights?

2) Do you think it's worth waiting to book for a WOW sale or a savings certificate? I think the savings certificate (if there is one) may be applied to an already made booking, I'd have to check with my TA.

3) We plan to book our first ever balcony. Do you have recommendations for which deck or room?

4) Do you think it is best to book very soon, from a price perspective? I'm not sure how much the prices go up on Freedom.

There have been many speculations regarding the Freedom and Monarch with the Project Sunshine ships coming in 2014 and the widening of Port Canaveral to accommodate larger ships and the new terminal being built to accommodate ships as large as Oasis Class. I don't know what they're planning, but I can't wait to find out! :D

I would LOVE this as PC is within driving distance for us so that saves about $1000 for our family of 3, instead of having to fly to Miami!