All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We are trying Royal Caribbean for the first time. Princess and Carnival have a "not so newly wed game". Our DS will be getting married on our RC cruise in June on the 4th day. Does anyone know if they play this game on RC and if so, what night? I'm hoping they get picked as the newly wed couple.

Also, are the pools on FOS saltwater or fresh water and are they cold?

Do the safes in the room use a code like Princess or a credit card like Carnival?

[quote name='shamrockace']We are trying Royal Caribbean for the first time. Princess and Carnival have a "not so newly wed game". Our DS will be getting married on our RC cruise in June on the 4th day. Does anyone know if they play this game on RC and if so, what night? I'm hoping they get picked as the newly wed couple. [COLOR=Red]Yes, Royal has the same game and they call it "Love and Marriage". [/COLOR]

Also, are the pools on FOS saltwater or fresh water and are they cold? [COLOR=Red]Fresh water, unheated.[/COLOR]

Do the safes in the room use a code like Princess or a credit card like Carnival? [COLOR=Red]Code.[/COLOR][/quote]
See answers in [COLOR=Red]RED[/COLOR] above. Edited by clarea

[quote name='shamrockace']We are trying Royal Caribbean for the first time. Princess and Carnival have a "not so newly wed game". Our DS will be getting married on our RC cruise in June on the 4th day. Does anyone know if they play this game on RC and if so, what night? I'm hoping they get picked as the newly wed couple.

Do the safes in the room use a code like Princess or a credit card like Carnival?[/QUOTE]

Clarea answered the questions accurately above my post. I will add that if your son and new daughter in law want to get picked, they should arrive at the theater early, sit in somewhere in the first few rows and look like an animated and fun couple. They might have to do something outlandish to get picked by the cruise director, but that will give them the best shot.

Eric

[quote name='shamrockace']We are trying Royal Caribbean for the first time. Princess and Carnival have a "not so newly wed game". Our DS will be getting married on our RC cruise in June on the 4th day. Does anyone know if they play this game on RC and if so, what night? I'm hoping they get picked as the newly wed couple.

Do the safes in the room use a code like Princess or a credit card like Carnival?[/QUOTE]

Look up Love and Marriage show on YouTube. I have a video up from October 2009 from our first cruise. There are several on there! That way at least they might know what they are getting themselves in for ;)

[quote name='Pomperaugrr']Clarea answered the questions accurately above my post. I will add that if your son and new daughter in law want to get picked, they should arrive at the theater early, sit in somewhere in the first few rows and look like an animated and fun couple. They might have to do something outlandish to get picked by the cruise director, but that will give them the best shot.

Eric[/quote]

Be sure to loudly announce that they JUST got married on the cruise. That will make it an almost sure thing that they are chosen. Have her wear the bridal veil/hat to the game show.....

hello,

going on the Freedon April 21st...

do they have the buckets of beer still or instead of beer like some sort of coolers?? do they deliver to the cabin?? Any way to get a bottle of Captains rum or something like that delivered to the cabin?? I think on Carnival i was able to use bonvoyage to deliver.

Do they have Moscotto? if not I'll probably bring on the 2 bottes of wine.

:D

treefrog

[quote name='Repeates']Can someone tell me if there are digital clocks in the cabins, so that we can see the time in the middle of the night? If so, do they have an I pod dock built in?[/QUOTE]

No clocks, digital or otherwise in the cabins. Also no IPod dock

[quote name='Repeates']Can someone tell me if there are digital clocks in the cabins, so that we can see the time in the middle of the night? If so, do they have an I pod dock built in?[/quote]
No digital clocks and no iPod docks on Freedom.

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']And how about the Ben & Jerry's Sweet? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Yep! Some of the folks we met on our cruise in October were in the Ben and Jerry Sweet!

They gave a tour; kinda cool but definitely a small room.

It's #6305.

[quote name='MrsB05']Yep! Some of the folks we met on our cruise in October were in the Ben and Jerry Sweet!

It's #6305.[/QUOTE]

Here are a few pictures!

[quote name='MrsB05']Yep! Some of the folks we met on our cruise in October were in the Ben and Jerry Sweet!

It's #6305.[/QUOTE]

So they definitely had the clock/IPOD dock?

Were they on Freedom of the Seas?

Thanks!

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']So they definitely had the clock/IPOD dock?

Were they on Freedom of the Seas?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

No they didn't. Yes, they were on Freedom.

From what I gather, there may be clocks/docks in GS and above. We were in a junior suite and there was neither.

[quote name='MrsB05']No they didn't. Yes, they were on Freedom.

From what I gather, there may be clocks/docks in GS and above. We were in a junior suite and there was neither.[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's what I was questioning.

We have one - are we allowed to bring our own? We have a cabana and it would be nice to have it there as well. :)

Has anyone ever done the Mystery Dinner Theater? Is it worth doing? How do you make reservations?

Fun to do once, kind of campy, overacted. We made reservations on Royal's website about a month before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...