Help! Passport suspended...

calidude80

My passport is suspended but according to US requirements I can use my birth certificate and ID. Will they notice that my paasport is not valid? Or will they (customs or TSA) glance at my birth cert and ID and let me pass? I'm not going to take my passport.:(

My passport is suspended but according to US requirements I can use my birth certificate and ID. Will they notice that my paasport is not valid? Or will they (customs or TSA) glance at my birth cert and ID and let me pass? I'm not going to take my passport.:(

All you need at the moment is a birthcert and ID. Unless you have to fly home. I would try to find out why. If do to criminal acctivity you may not be able to leave the country.

I've never heard of someone's passport being suspended! What did you do? I would certainly not go out of the country with that on your record!

Better to miss spring break than land up in a foreign prison.

Keep yourself straight, and stop the funny stuff!

Last year a law was passed that anyone with a child support balance over $2,500 will have their passport suspended. I paid it off...but the courts said it takes 4-8 weeks before all the paperwok is processed. No funny stuff here...

Last year a law was passed that anyone with a child support balance over $2,500 will have their passport suspended. I paid it off...but the courts said it takes 4-8 weeks before all the paperwok is processed. No funny stuff here...

So you let your child support lapse, but you could still afford to book a cruise???

WOW-- hope you're at least taking the kids!

I've never heard of someone's passport being suspended! What did you do? I would certainly not go out of the country with that on your record!

Better to miss spring break than land up in a foreign prison.

Keep yourself straight, and stop the funny stuff!

LOL!

Thanks there Grannie for the Public Service Announcement!!

I hope you get it all straightened out.

here in florida, they suspend the drivers license if it isnt paid, and sometimes the license gets suspended, and it is errors or done by mistake, and what a mess that creates for the people!!!!

d

And yes...I am taking my daughter.

Well, glad to hear that!!

Keep calling checking with the State Dept, otherwise take your BC and I.D.

If it is all cleared up I would get something in writing in the meantime on letterhead and with a seal stating such for good measure.;)

You should try to get a hold of your congressman, I had a problem a few years ago with my birth certificate and they said it would take a few months to mail me a new one, I needed it asap because I needed to get a passport, I got a hold of my congressman and he got it for me within a week. It's worth a try:D

calidude80: Glad you had your issue resolved. Hope you and

your daughter have a wonderful time.

Got to love yet again, members jumping all over someone.

You don't live their life people, lay off!

EXACTLY!! My brother ended up in arrears because the State of Ohio did not include their poundage when they wrote the withholding order. His CS was taken directly from his paycheck from day 1, but 8 years later (yes it took 8 years for them to notice), his bank account was frozen & he was several thousands in arrears, even though the Marine Corps had faithfully followed the withholding order they were given!! Oh they forgot to include the poundage in the deduction amount and somehow it was his fault for not paying the right amount. Ridiculous!!

So as I said before, don't make ASSumptions!

calidude80: Glad you had your issue resolved. Hope you and

your daughter have a wonderful time.

Got to love yet again, members jumping all over someone.

You don't live their life people, lay off!

Sorry sore subject for me----try raising 2 boys with sporadic child support. And 2500.00 is a big amount to be in arrears.

So dont try and live my life either !

If you are taking your Daughter, make sure the MOM gives you a letter notrized stating it is ok for you to have her. Othewise, you could be charged with Kidnapping if they stop and ask you. Most places don't but you never know. they could decide to do a random check, and your name be pulled up since you had the issue with your passport.

A passport can also be suspended for outstanding warrents. All the reporting agency has to do is send a letter to the State Department requesting it.

You could still have an issue with the DL and birth certificate. As of Feb 19, the ships have to send a manifest into Homeland Security to be vetted before the ship sails. If your name is in the system for suspended travel, you could still get flagged. I would make sure that you bring a document along showing that the monies were paid and that you are current in your support.

If you get pulled off the ship before it leaves to answer a further inquiry and the ship sails, you will need your passports in order to fly to the next port to catch up to it.

Dave

I would get a letter from the court saying that you have been cleared. The manifest is transmitted to Homeland Security and if your name pops up for a passport suspension you may have a problem getting on the ship even with a birth certificate. I would not take a chance that Homeland Security would understand that it was over child support.

Archived