FCC lost??

On a recent cruise we put our $200 down on a future cruise. When we came home we booked a cruise and had to cancel. The cruise was for 10/08. RCI told our TA that if we don't book another cruise by July we will lose our $200. We can book then cancel but they have to have a booking by July. Is this the way RCI handles the FCCs?? Why not put those $$ in our C&A acct?? There was no way I knew that once a cruise is cancelled they keep the FCC and we have to book something that soon. Has anyone else been in this situation??? This procedure sure isn't customer friendly. It seems that RCI has had the money since we put it down on the ship and now they still have the money. It sure isn't in our account:mad:

Book a phantom cruise for as far out as you can (sometime in 2009/2010). When you decide what cruise you really want to take, TRANSFER the future cruise credit before you CANCEL the phantom cruise. It's ridiculous on RCCL's part, so we just have to figure out a way around it.

Book a phantom cruise for as far out as you can (sometime in 2009/2010). When you decide what cruise you really want to take, TRANSFER the future cruise credit before you CANCEL the phantom cruise. It's ridiculous on RCCL's part, so we just have to figure out a way around it.

Why is it ridiculous? It is pretty clear that a NextCruise can not be canceled.

The down payment is non refundable.

On a recent cruise we put our $200 down on a future cruise. When we came home we booked a cruise and had to cancel. The cruise was for 10/08. RCI told our TA that if we don't book another cruise by July we will lose our $200. We can book then cancel but they have to have a booking by July. Is this the way RCI handles the FCCs?? Why not put those $$ in our C&A acct?? There was no way I knew that once a cruise is cancelled they keep the FCC and we have to book something that soon. Has anyone else been in this situation??? This procedure sure isn't customer friendly. It seems that RCI has had the money since we put it down on the ship and now they still have the money. It sure isn't in our account:mad:

As I said to the poster below: it is part of NextCruise that the down payment is non-refundable. Why would you even cancel? Just move the reservation forth and back. As long as you do not hit the penalty phase you are fine.

:mad:

As long as you retain the booking number, you can move it from one cruise to another if you have to cancel. Just don't close out the booking number or you will lose the $100 pp deposit. The information regarding NextCruise deposits is available on their website as well as in their printed literature.

As I said to the poster below: it is part of NextCruise that the down payment is non-refundable. Why would you even cancel? Just move the reservation forth and back. As long as you do not hit the penalty phase you are fine.

:mad:

I think the point here is they are going to require this person to make another cruise selection immediately. It would make much more sense for them to just put the money back as a FCC instead of requiring them to choose just any cruise to not lose it. Yes they can move it around back and forth for quite some time.

The problem I see with forcing them to put the money on to an actual future cruise that they may not maintain is what about the room they are assigned. what if someone actually wants that actual room. Why lose the availability for the needed space.

Just put the money back in to a usable account and use it when needed. That would make much more sense.

Happy cruising.

I think the point here is they are going to require this person to make another cruise selection immediately. It would make much more sense for them to just put the money back as a FCC instead of requiring them to choose just any cruise to not lose it. Yes they can move it around back and forth for quite some time.

The problem I see with forcing them to put the money on to an actual future cruise that they may not maintain is what about the room they are assigned. what if someone actually wants that actual room. Why lose the availability for the needed space.

Just put the money back in to a usable account and use it when needed. That would make much more sense.

Happy cruising.

It was a mere suggestions to move the reservation around. I do understand your point and I agree.

The problem I have is that people are so hot for OBC, they agree to terms and conditions, then they screw up and its someone elses fault.

The reason why OBC for the NextCruise program is offered is because you commit to a future cruise with Royal Caribbean, otherwise you lose your $100 pp deposit. If anybody and everybody could just cancel the NextCruise program and get the money back why even have a program like that?

I only book NextCruise reservations. Every cruise I pick a couple up and use them for the future. I too had to shift our September cruise i.e. But I made alternate plans immediately. For me there was not even a thought of canceling.

It was a mere suggestions to move the reservation around. I do understand your point and I agree.

The problem I have is that people are so hot for OBC, they agree to terms and conditions, then they screw up and its someone elses fault.

The reason why OBC for the NextCruise program is offered is because you commit to a future cruise with Royal Caribbean, otherwise you lose your $100 pp deposit. If anybody and everybody could just cancel the NextCruise program and get the money back why even have a program like that?

I only book NextCruise reservations. Every cruise I pick a couple up and use them for the future. I too had to shift our September cruise i.e. But I made alternate plans immediately. For me there was not even a thought of canceling.

Agree with you 100%! If you don't like the rules than don't participate in the program.:)

Slighty off topic but thought I'd add this bit of info:

One thing to note on the Next Cruise reservations is that for the US Next Cruise program it is non-transferable to another guest BUT it is transferable to another guest under the Canadian Next Cruise program.

Agree with you 100%! If you don't like the rules than don't participate in the program.:)

One thing to note on the Next Cruise reservations is that for the US Next Cruise program it is non-transferable to another guest BUT it is transferable to another guest under the Canadian Next Cruise program.

Why do think that is?:confused:

Why do think that is?:confused:

I have no idea.:confused: I'm guessing that it must have something to do with US and Canadian law. Its the same certificate for both but on the back of the certificate is has terms and conditions. Heres the lines that I'm referring to:

US Residents it says: Guest may apply the value of their NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise, however it is non-transferable to another guest.

Canadian Residents it says: Guest may apply the value of their NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise. A next cruise account may be transferred to another guest.

I usually book my cruises in US dollars but since I'm a Canadian resident by their own wording that would mean that my bookings would be transferable if I chose to do so.;)

Just change the date to a different cruise...it doesn't matter which one as long as it's a long way off. Then, once you figure out when you want to go, change it again.

Next time, go for the Next Cruise, instead of booking an actual cruise. You get the same basic benefits, but don't have to pick a date. Also, your down payment is much less.

Just change the date to a different cruise...it doesn't matter which one as long as it's a long way off. Then, once you figure out when you want to go, change it again.

Next time, go for the Next Cruise, instead of booking an actual cruise. You get the same basic benefits, but don't have to pick a date. Also, your down payment is much less.

Thats what the OP did.

On a recent cruise we put our $200 down on a future cruise. When we came home we booked a cruise and had to cancel.

They did book a NEXT CRUISE and cancelled. That is what this thread is about...the non-refundable aspect of Next Cruise. Please see post #1. :)

They did book a NEXT CRUISE and cancelled. That is what this thread is about...the non-refundable aspect of Next Cruise. Please see post #1. :)

Why not put those $$ in our C&A acct?? from OP.

They are not complaining that the money is not returned. They are complaining that they don't just put the money in an open account, rather then have to book something by July to maintain it. Easy enough solution for the OP to do, but why should she have to this.

They are not complaining that the money is not returned. They are complaining that they don't just put the money in an open account, rather then have to book something by July to maintain it. Easy enough solution for the OP to do, but why should she have to this.

I personally would hate if they did this. Look at the problems they have with trying to keep track of cruise credits. Just imagine all the angry customers they would have trying to locate lost $$$credits.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Because that is not the way the program works. :rolleyes: If you cancel the cruise you have booked with a nextcruise, you lose your deposit amount. The money was in an open account and they chose to pull it out.

You have to transfer the booking to another cruise, in order to keep your $200. You may have to transfer it several times if you want to keep the funds "while you make up your mind". It is their program. :rolleyes:

I appreciate all of your comments. We had to cancel the cruise due to flight arrangements. The airline at first had a straight flight to Boston (1 1/2 flight time) then it changed to a connector!! In the meantime we looked into a different cruiseline, got a better price, nicer ports and straight flight to NY. My problem with the cruise credits are if other cruiselines can put the cruise credits in an account why is RCI not doing this?? In the meantime I'm writing to C&A stating how I feel (can't hurt). It is not like we haven't cruised with them before, we are Platinum members who cruise on 10 & 15 day cruises. So we'll see what they have to say. I know what is stated in their brochures but it doesn't hurt to express your displeasure. I'll let everyone know when I get a response. Thanks again for your posts.

I appreciate all of your comments. We had to cancel the cruise due to flight arrangements. The airline at first had a straight flight to Boston (1 1/2 flight time) then it changed to a connector!! In the meantime we looked into a different cruiseline, got a better price, nicer ports and straight flight to NY. My problem with the cruise credits are if other cruiselines can put the cruise credits in an account why is RCI not doing this?? In the meantime I'm writing to C&A stating how I feel (can't hurt). It is not like we haven't cruised with them before, we are Platinum members who cruise on 10 & 15 day cruises. So we'll see what they have to say. I know what is stated in their brochures but it doesn't hurt to express your displeasure. I'll let everyone know when I get a response. Thanks again for your posts.

What cruise credits are you talking about?

We had to cancel the cruise due to flight arrangements. The airline at first had a straight flight to Boston (1 1/2 flight time) then it changed to a connector!! In the meantime we looked into a different cruiseline, got a better price, nicer ports and straight flight to NY.

So you book a NextCruise, knowing that if canceled you lose your deposit. Then you don't want to fly with connection flight. The airline changed its schedule (and that is RCI's fault how?), then you found a different cruiseline which is cheaper and has nicer ports, and that is RCI's fault.

What do you want from C & A? Free cruise?

It sounds to me more and more that you booked a cruise, found a better deal and just want out of your NextCruise agreement.

BECAUSE the NextCruise program works a certain way. People, when purchasing a NextCruise agree to those terms.

Like others have said just pick a far off into the future cruise to retain that NC booking #. If it's a 5 night or less, the deposit is only $100 which is the same as the NC program deposit so you are not out any money. Select the mid-category inside cabin in order not to tie up the usually higher in demand suites or balconies. When you do find a find a cruise you do want to do simply transfer the NC booking # to that cruise.

I bought two FCC on a cruise in November, planning to use them for my husband and me. We booked one cruise for ourselves, and with the other I am taking my sister on a cruise for her 50th birthday. So, I transferred it- no problem- from my husband to my sister ( I stayed the same!) I guess as long as one person in the cabin stays the same, the 2nd can change.

When I was on the Granduer recently I booked a future cruise because I knew what I wanted.(traditional program) I got the on board credit of $200. (deposit $900) I did read the info about the certificates/future cruise booking program and noticed that the smaller deposit was subject to a non-refund clause.:mad: This jumped out at me and I immediately determined that I would not use this program. In the traditional program I have changed dates and retained the same booking number and my on board credit. My deposit is larger but not at risk if I don't jump thru all the hoops. I think that I read about a time limit in the certificate program, but the details escape me.

What cruise credits are you talking about?

So you book a NextCruise, knowing that if canceled you lose your deposit. Then you don't want to fly with connection flight. The airline changed its schedule (and that is RCI's fault how?), then you found a different cruiseline which is cheaper and has nicer ports, and that is RCI's fault.

What do you want from C & A? Free cruise?

It sounds to me more and more that you booked a cruise, found a better deal and just want out of your NextCruise agreement.

No I booked the other cruise out of NY when the airline couldn't accomodate us to Boston. Why would I want a connector when the flight is only 1 1/2 hrs. from our home. I don't want a free anything, I want my cruise credits put in my C&A acct. so that we can choose a cruise in the future and not have to have a time limit in July.

On a cruise last year the LA suggested just to book a fictional cruise in the future to be sure we did not loose the deposit. I guess he had dealt with problems with lost deposits in the past.

It has been suggested many times just book some cruise of 5 days or less for 2009 then you can make up your mind later and transfer the booking number to the actual cruise you want. I know that this is a work around but you gotta do what you gotta do. I really doubt by booking a forward inside cabin you will be tying up someone's favorite cabin

No I booked the other cruise out of NY when the airline couldn't accomodate us to Boston. Why would I want a connector when the flight is only 1 1/2 hrs. from our home. I don't want a free anything, I want my cruise credits put in my C&A acct. so that we can choose a cruise in the future and not have to have a time limit in July.

What cruise credits?

Essentially you want something for free. You want RCI to break the terms of the NextCruise because the airline screwed up. Or you can't book a cruise in the future and maybe change that one.

I had a cruise booked in September out of SJ. I used a C & A coupon for that. I booked flights etc. My wife's schedule changed. So I had to change the cruise (which was NextCruise btw). The airfare was non refundable. So I have to fly somewhere, anywhere before Nov 8 otherwise I lose the entire amount. I also lost my C & A coupon since the new sailing didn't have one at that time. I made those decisions fully aware of the cost to me. I took responsibility. I didn't ask anybody to give me a break nor did I ask anybody to put money in whatever account. I booked everything fully aware of each term and condition.

You got the NextCruise reservation fully aware of the terms and conditions. Your OBC granted to you is a thank you from RCI for commiting to a future cruise. The loss of deposit is clearly stated if you cancel. There is no rule for you to rebook as often as you want to.

You want out of the NextCruise contract without losing your OBC. Canceling a NextCruise, keeping the deposit and the OBC is basically changing it to a future normal reservation with OBC. This is not what NextCruise is about.

Why don't you ask the airline to refund your cruise deposit? Essentially they are the ones changing flights which I guess lead to your other decisions (different cruise line, cheaper, better itinerary).

Sorry, if you can't play by the simple rules (no cancelation) you shouldn't have gotten a NextCruise.

Archived