Does Celebrity have coffee pots in the cabins??

cvanhorn

Just back from NCL Spirit and they have the little 4 cup coffee pots (just like the motels) in all cabins and furnish the same packets of coffee as the U.S. motels. I love it!! Is NCL the only line doing this? I know our 2 on different Carnival ships, last Nov and this Jan, did not.:mad:

I've never seen that on RCCL, Celebrity or Princess. I love coffee, but I have found that the packets that are left with the pots are usually stale. Besides, the cabins have limited surface space. I wouldn't want to give any up for a coffee pot. Often in hotels, they put those pots on the bathroom counter. I would NEVER drink from a coffee pot that has been in the bathroom. :eek:

Room service is very efficient and it doesn't take long to get a pot of coffee. If I was desperate and needed a cup immediately, every ship I've ever been on has a place to get coffee 24 hours a day. I would just send my husband. ;)

Just back from NCL Spirit and they have the little 4 cup coffee pots (just like the motels) in all cabins and furnish the same packets of coffee as the U.S. motels. I love it!! Is NCL the only line doing this? I know our 2 on different Carnival ships, last Nov and this Jan, did not.:mad:

Just curious if the ship you were on was fairly new as I would think that having coffee pots in all the rooms could create an electrical problem expecially in the morning...

Just curious if the ship you were on was fairly new as I would think that having coffee pots in all the rooms could create an electrical problem expecially in the morning...

On our last cruise NO electrical item was even allowed that could cause a fire (Quest), fan or "hot pot" etc etc.:)

Just curious if the ship you were on was fairly new as I would think that having coffee pots in all the rooms

No the NCL Spirit is pretty old, built originally for the Asian market. The coffee pots, although just like the ones in our motels, are 220v which the ships have an abundance of. (also they brew a lot faster)

No Coffee pots...

What we did... we would order hot water with our morning breakfast and we brought along a bunch of those Folgers One Cup bags... They look like large tea bags...

After our first cruise on Constellation, we didn't really have many nice things to say about the regularly served coffee..... so we improvised for our next trip on Constellation.

I was on the NCL Star last year and we had one of the coffee makers in our room. I knew in advance that it would be there so I brought a small amount of my favorite coffee and a couple of filters with me and had GREAT coffee every morning without having to deal with room service and questionable coffee. I loved it!!! I wish other cruiselines would put coffee makers in the room like NCL ( as long as they wouldn't be fire hazards ).

Though keep in mind a hotel bathroom is probably more sterile than your kitchen at home.

Have you not been watching the news lately? It is SO not true. Hotel bathrooms are horrible. My kitchen may not be sterile but I guarantee if they swabbed it, they wouldn't find feces like they do on hotel glasses, coffee pots, etc... You don't even want to know what kind of germs they've found in the ice buckets. LOL.

Archived