???Voyager Class Ship Comparison

SailingGal

Dear Fellow Travelers,

I have traveled on the Explorer of the Seas and just loved it. It was better than any ship I had ever been on. We now are having a hard time considering other ships. My question is for those who have sailed on the other RCCL Voyager Class Ships, how are they different? We are considering Voyager and Navigator. Do they have a different theme? Is one more elegant? Are they all the same?

We are also interested in knowing what the Radiance-Family of ships are like. Do they offer better service. Are they more spacious. Is there as much to do, are they quieter than the Voyager Family of ships.

Thank you for your help. I know we will have a great time no matter what.

SailingGal

I've been on Voyager twice and Navigator just recently. I have also been on Brilliance. I have to say Brilliance is the most elegant and beautiful ship I have ever been on, including several Princess cruises. There are more activities for teens and children on Voyager class with their inline skating and ice skating. But there's plenty to do on Radiance class. I personally was so facinated with the self-adjusting pool tables on BOS that I went there to watch others play many evenings! There are a couple of differences in VOS and Nav.. One is the Aquarium Bar on VOS becomes the much more beautiful Boleros Bar on Navigator with it's blown glass fanciful huge flowers and specialty drinks including addictive mojitios! The VOS aquarium bar needs to be updated. It's not very attractive now that they've given up on trying to keep fish and other live creatures! And the sports bar on the Promenade Mall on VOS is still a sports bar, but on NOS it has been changed to an elegant wine bar, featuring up-scale wine tastings and wine "flights". The only sports bar,therefore, on NOS is up on deck 14 at the 19th Hole. The Windjammer buffet is laid out differntly on Brilliance(I don't know about Radiance...I think BOS was a change from the Radiance) and BOS had much tastier buffet than VOS or NOS, not to say you can't get a decent meal there on both ships. I would say the Radiance class ships are more elegant, offer better seaviews with all that glass and glass elevators, and perhaps are a bit quieter than VOS class. I thought the service on all the ships was top notch!

SailingGal

I have the same problem. We did Explorer and after that it seemed like nothing else would do. We ended up doing Mariner after that. I would like to try a Radience class ship but I really love the Royal Prominade and I'm having a tough time thinking about giving it up.

I was thinking about trying the southern cabibbean on a Radience class ship but now Adventure is the only ship doing the Aruba route which is the route I am interested in. The other southern route just doesn't have enough sea days in it.

Hmmm, life is so full of these tough decisions. ;)

Except for decor, Voyager, Explorer and Adventure are the same. The last two built, Navigator and Mariner are the same except for decor but have some other visible differences from the first three built.

The biggest is the balcony design. The balconies on the first three are all steel. MOS/NOS have glass sided(opaque) and glass fronted(clear) balconies giving a much more open appearance. The other big difference is that MOS/NOS's Adventure Ocean area is much larger. Another differance is that on MOS/NOS they charge for Johnny Rockets($3.95/visit-all you can eat. Drinks extra-soda sitcker not accepted). As of last report I saw the older Voyager ships are not charging.

I would suspect that kids that have been on a Voyager class ship will miss the ice skating, large basketball court, Promenade, Johnny Rockets(despite the charge), etc.

Archived