PVP Calls my home out of the blue today

Jilltoons

So....We went on our first cruise February 10th. I spent over a year researching. My husband wasn't even too sure he wanted to go on a cruise. So today, while I am at work, PVP calls. Starts telling my husband about booking for next year, same time. And telling him about the special for The Pride out of LA - February 8th. GReat Price!

I get home and my husband has researched the ship, figured out the Camp CArnival schedule and starts talking to me about deposits. WOW! I was surprised!

Unfortunately, I do not think we will go - If I could wait until "Bush's" money comes in May - I could make the deposit for 4 of us....but that would be $1000.00 - and I really don't want to do that right now. I love my PVP - but darn her for getting me all excited and disapointed at the same time.

BUT......now I know I will not have any problem talking my husband into another cruise!

PRIDE HERE I COME - - - - - SOON.

Hello fellow Western Washingtonian!

If you get the opportunity, do take that cruise on the Pride! Great ship (although I thought the decor was a little over-the-top), fun itinerary, and Long Beach is such an easy flight from Seattle! We did it last May, and would definitely consider that one again.

In the meantime, we've got the Western Caribbean in May, a one-day cruise (Seattle/Vancouver) on Norwegian in September, and back to Hawaii in November...that trip courtesy of "Bush's money"! ;)

Just as a service announcement.

If you want to cruise on the Pride again you better do it with in the next 12 months. Around this time next year the Pride will be heading to Miami. At the same time the Splendor will be heading over to take over the Pride's route.

This is just my opinion but I although I really liked the Pride, it was my least favorite itinerary. You may want to consider another destination.

Another destination.....I know I won't be able to do the Caribbean again for a while and because I am going to travel with my children next time I want to pick a cruise which is close by. I do not want to do Alaska (sometimes being from WAshington State almost feels like you already are in Alaska). So Mexico it is. I would think that Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan would be wonderful - which one do you think would be better? Just curious.

Just as a service announcement.

If you want to cruise on the Pride again you better do it with in the next 12 months. Around this time next year the Pride will be heading to Miami. At the same time the Splendor will be heading over to take over the Pride's route.

What a pleasant surprise ! ! The Splendor will be home-ported in Long Beach ? ? ? :confused:

I've done the Mexican Riviera on the Tropicale, Jubilee, Elation , Spirit and the Pride . . . now I can put another notch on the belt. :D

Another destination.....I know I won't be able to do the Caribbean again for a while and because I am going to travel with my children next time I want to pick a cruise which is close by. I do not want to do Alaska (sometimes being from WAshington State almost feels like you already are in Alaska). So Mexico it is. I would think that Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan would be wonderful - which one do you think would be better? Just curious.

I like Puerto Vallarta . . . fly there often when I can't cruise there. But, Mazatlan and Cabo are just fine (especially since they redid the malecon in Cabo several years ago and the faster Spirit-class ships allow a longer stop there now).

Don't miss Randy's Happy Horses in Mazatlan . . . great animals, pleasant exhilirating ride on the deserted beach of Stone Island with lunch at Victor's, a little outdoor restaurant right on the beach. Barbequed shrimp to die for. :) (See Webshots pics below)

I like Puerto Vallarta . . . fly there often when I can't cruise there. But, Mazatlan and Cabo are just fine (especially since they redid the malecon in Cabo several years ago and the faster Spirit-class ships allow a longer stop there now).

Don't miss Randy's Happy Horses in Mazatlan . . . great animals, pleasant exhilirating ride on the deserted beach of Stone Island with lunch at Victor's, a little outdoor restaurant right on the beach. Barbequed shrimp to die for. :) (See Webshots pics below)

Randy's happy horses don't look very happy to me! They look like they need more than one meal!

What a pleasant surprise ! ! The Splendor will be home-ported in Long Beach ? ? ? :confused:

I've done the Mexican Riviera on the Tropicale, Jubilee, Elation , Spirit and the Pride . . . now I can put another notch on the belt. :D

Just checked Carnival's web site today and the Splendor is taking bookings starting April '09 out of Long Beach......

I loved all three stops on this itinerary! After takiing a cab to the central part of the city, we wandered the malecon in PV, did some shopping, and took a city bus back to the ship. Then we did an excursion out to the "jungle", which was interesting.

Loved Mazatlan...we'll go back there again for sure. We walked from the ship to Old Mazatlan, the cathedral, the market (which is not to be missed); had lunch at Panama's, then took a pulmonia out to the Golden Zone.

In Cabo it was all about the water -- glass bottomed boat out to the arches and Lover's Beach, then parasailing, and then a walk around the marina and up to Cabo Wabo.

Re-think Alaska at some point, too. I'm also in the Pacific Northwest, but trust me...it's even more stunning than what we've got here!

Ditto for me EXCEPT I also sailed on the Holiday to Ensenada (which technically is in Mexico!) I might be willing to do it again on the Splendor.

So....We went on our first cruise February 10th. I spent over a year researching. My husband wasn't even too sure he wanted to go on a cruise. So today, while I am at work, PVP calls. Starts telling my husband about booking for next year, same time. And telling him about the special for The Pride out of LA - February 8th. GReat Price!

I get home and my husband has researched the ship, figured out the Camp CArnival schedule and starts talking to me about deposits. WOW! I was surprised!

Unfortunately, I do not think we will go - If I could wait until "Bush's" money comes in May - I could make the deposit for 4 of us....but that would be $1000.00 - and I really don't want to do that right now. I love my PVP - but darn her for getting me all excited and disapointed at the same time.

BUT......now I know I will not have any problem talking my husband into another cruise!

PRIDE HERE I COME - - - - - SOON.

You have plenty of time to plan for next year. Like others said the brand new ship the Splendor will be doing that itinerary next year.

FWIW I received 3 calls from Carnival's PVP's this week alone. Seems like they are all trying hard to get that deposit money IMO. Cha ching!

I know alot of people on here book real early but we normally never book more then 6 months out and have never had a problem getting great deals. Good luck!!

And don't forget they run specials and sales all year.

Another Washington neighbor here..I haven't been on the Pride, but going on the 9 day Spirit cruise in Oct. The Spirit is her sister. My daughter did the zip-lines in Puerto Vallarta and Randy's horses in Mazatlan and loved them both. They did a Princess cruise for their honeymoon a couple of years ago, and they booked these tours independently, with a little help from mom and Cruise Critics. If it's a really great deal, go for it!!!

And Jilltoons, totally with you on Alaska..no desire. The only thing missing in scenery is glaciers. Eventually, I will. But I look forward to warmth.

Archived