Leaving luggage on first / last day and airport transfer (Princess Ft Lauderdale)

itf

Just wondering if we arrive early, whether there is anywhere we can leave our bags with Princess while we go and explore Fort Lauderdale for a few hours? Similarly, we have a late flight the day we dock and I'm wondering if we'll be able to leave our cases anywhere during the day so we can do some shopping prior to going back to the airport! Also, is can Princes arrange transfers to the airport or do you just need to get a cab?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

Thanks for asking this as we were wondering as well!

Also, what do we do with our beach bag that we may take with us on the days we are at ports? For instance, if we want to take our camera, a change of clothes, etc....is there anywhere to store these things, or do we just keep getting back on and off the boat?? Thanks!

Thanks for asking this as we were wondering as well!

Also, what do we do with our beach bag that we may take with us on the days we are at ports? For instance, if we want to take our camera, a change of clothes, etc....is there anywhere to store these things, or do we just keep getting back on and off the boat?? Thanks!

Another thing I'd been wondering - and what about wallets etc... with so much water activity. I feel stupid asking, but I'd like to know!

Hello,

Take as liitle as possible when you go to the beach. All you need is your ship's card and a few dollars for the transportation to and from the beach. In some ports you can use public transportation, which is very inexpensive.

Do not take your passport, expensive cameras, jewelry, lots of cash, or expensive clothes (this is just common sense but I thought that I would repeat it). This suggestion is based on 24 cruises and visits to many beaches.

As for a change of clothes, a t- shirt and other inexpensive clothing will be fine because you are just going from the ship to the beach and back again.

As for Fort Lauderdale, consider renting a car. This way you can store your luggage and have the transportation to get around.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

for carrying money/ID/ship card on beach is something called a dry box. I have ordered them online, for around $10 for 2. It is a box about the size of a credit card (width can vary) to slide those items into, keep waterproof, w/ a cord to slip around your neck or wrist while swimming. Then you need not worry about losing the most important things.

We just wear beach apparel, (cover ups!), bring beach bag w/ towels. Have even shopped some after this way.

We buy inexpensive waterproof disposable cameras for this, also. No worries of a ruined or stolen camera. (only out about $10 if taken...)

We also use a water wallet and use a disposable water proof camera at the beach. As for other options, last year when we sailed on Princess out of FLL, we signed up for an after cruise excursion. We got to leave the ship early, straight to our bus, our luggage was stowed underneath and the tour ends at the Airport. They drop you off at your terminal. We did the Everglades tour but there were others to chose from. We did a FLL Land and Sea tour this past year and we really enjoyed it. You see FLL from a bus(with your luggage stowed beneath) there was a small walking tour and then on a tour boat to see the canals and homes and yachts and the Port itself with all the ships there before sailing out again that afternoon. We got some great photos of the ship we had just gotten off of. (ZUIDERDAM) There were drinks and snacks available on the tour boat. There might be a shopping excursion also if that is what you want to do. We were not even leaving until the next day but it was a great way to spend the time instead of sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for check in time. Our hotel offered a free shuttle from the airport so we just called them to come get us when our tour was over.

What time do you want to drop your luggage off at the start? If it's anytime after 12 noon, you just pull up to the terminal and give them to the porters along with a few dollars per bag. If it's any earlier, you absolutely cannot do it---there are thousands of bags from those who are departing the ship from the previous cruise, and you cannot leave your bags until all those bags are claimed and gone. As for after, I've never seen anyplace to store luggage at the terminal, so you're stuck with them.

Archived