Sunday in Barbados

taffNo1

Hi

Has anyone any info on Barbados on a Sunday.

Will it be as easy to get a taxi, (we are thinking of going to Accra Beach)

Also am I right thinking that all prices SHOULD be quoted in Barbados dollars and they are 2 to 1 for USD aprox.

Hope someone can help please.:D

Hi

Has anyone any info on Barbados on a Sunday.

Will it be as easy to get a taxi, (we are thinking of going to Accra Beach)

Also am I right thinking that all prices SHOULD be quoted in Barbados dollars and they are 2 to 1 for USD aprox.

Hope someone can help please.:D

We were there in port on a Sunday. The shops in Bridgetown will be closed. The only thing worth doing is walking along the waterside for 15-20 minutes which will bring you to the Parliament area. We only spent 30 minutes exploring this area, and also the area on the right side of the Carlisle water inlet.

Taxis no problem, both at port and also at the parliament area if you decide to walk there. We got a private taxi tour for the two of us from that area and for a 3 hour tour it was $40 (American) each.

• 3 months later...

We will be in port on a Sunday, and planning for Accra as well (thanks aplmac, for all your photos and info on what looks to be a gem of a beach!!). How is food and chair/umbrella rental affected on a Sunday? Should I expect any closures or trouble with our beach day?? Glad to hear that traffic will not be an issue.

Also, on a different note, how can I get flying fish near Accra?? I've read so many good things about this local specialty, we just have to try it! :) Unfortunately, I think Champers might be out of our budget (unless I'm just having trouble with the conversion to USD!).

Thanks,

Kelly

Sunday is as any other day, on the beach at Accra!

In some ways it's an even busier day than during the week

because the locals descend on Accra, as well!

Food and drink will not be a problem

since there are several little food/bar huts on the beach(beware ripoff prices on beer!)

as well as Chefette just across the road -for Roti, excellent Pizza, chicken,etc.

You won't suffer, guaranteed!

Flying fish....hmmmm...

Quayside Mall is a small strip-mall on the bend right opposite Accra Beach Hotel

and there's a few other eateries there including Just Grillin who does several fish dishes.

I'd try there.

If you're lucky, one of the small food huts right on the beach

may may have Flying Fish Cutters -that's what to ask for.

Beg them to go easy on the hot sauce(if at all!)

coz that stuff's like liquid fire, okay? :eek: -seriously!

Question about sundays-any shopping open?Wildlife Reserve?Pelican Village?Can you still go to animal flower caves????

Thanks as always for your help!

Sunday is as any other day, on the beach at Accra!

In some ways it's an even busier day than during the week

because the locals descend on Accra, as well!

Food and drink will not be a problem

since there are several little food/bar huts on the beach(beware ripoff prices on beer!)

as well as Chefette just across the road -for Roti, excellent Pizza, chicken,etc.

You won't suffer, guaranteed!

Flying fish....hmmmm...

Quayside Mall is a small strip-mall on the bend right opposite Accra Beach Hotel

and there's a few other eateries there including Just Grillin who does several fish dishes.

I'd try there.

If you're lucky, one of the small food huts right on the beach

may may have Flying Fish Cutters -that's what to ask for.

Beg them to go easy on the hot sauce(if at all!)

coz that stuff's like liquid fire, okay? :eek: -seriously!

Question about sundays-any shopping open?Wildlife Reserve?Pelican Village?Can you still go to animal flower caves????

Thanks as always for your help!

The Cave Shepherd Dept. Store in Sunset Crest is open from 9am to 2pm on Sundays. Pelican Village is not. Taxis are never a problem when there is a ship in port.

There is also a nice beach right near Sunset Crest. Use the beach access near Sandy Lane. Best beach in Barbados.

Terri

Archived