Which Ephesus tour to take on Galaxy?

Hi - anyone who has done the Ephesus tour from the Celebrity Galaxy - which tour of the many did you take? We seem to have a great choice!

I have been to Ephesus before and really enjoyed it - hubby hasn't been so he needs to see the Roman toilet block, the library and the magnificant theatre and the main pathway which used to lead to the port amongst other things - so we ned to see this and also we need a bit of time to do some shopping in Kusadasi.

Thanks Tinka14:)

Hi there, thanks for my replies so far - the Terrace houses must be new..I'll check them out..must be an Ephesus website around...gosh what an awful lot of research to do for 1 trip!!!!:eek:

Thanks Tinka14

Hi - anyone who has done the Ephesus tour from the Celebrity Galaxy - which tour of the many did you take? We seem to have a great choice!

I have been to Ephesus before and really enjoyed it - hubby hasn't been so he needs to see the Roman toilet block, the library and the magnificant theatre and the main pathway which used to lead to the port amongst other things - so we ned to see this and also we need a bit of time to do some shopping in Kusadasi.

Thanks Tinka14:)

I wouldn't bother with a ship tour. I highly recommend Levent Solmaz (http://www.leventsolmaz.com/) He has to be one of the best tour guides I've ever met. He is amazing and you will see and learn a lot about Ephesus. Check him out :)

We second the tours done by Levent. Toured with him for 3 days last summer off the Galaxy. Very knowledgable and truly a gentleman. There were 12 of us on our roll call who contracted with him for those days. The highlight of our trip was our time with him. JMHO

Just a caution - be sure you are both in good health and can do stairs. Another poster said there are a lot of stairs at the Terrace House. And Ephesus itself is a lot of uneven ground on hills. I looked at Princess shore excursions, and if the little man is walking on a slant, I opted not to do those tours. I didn't want to pay a fortune for a tour, then get there and find we can't do the walking required. I found one that does a mountain village/maybe with lunch. We will go by Ephesus, but not actually stop there for $49 pp.

Good luck, just be sure to ask the questions.

Just a caution - be sure you are both in good health and can do stairs. Another poster said there are a lot of stairs at the Terrace House. And Ephesus itself is a lot of uneven ground on hills. I looked at Princess shore excursions, and if the little man is walking on a slant, I opted not to do those tours. I didn't want to pay a fortune for a tour, then get there and find we can't do the walking required. I found one that does a mountain village/maybe with lunch. We will go by Ephesus, but not actually stop there for $49 pp.

Good luck, just be sure to ask the questions.

Yes, there are stairs at the Terrace Houses but they are very modern, wide steps with railings so they are not bad at all. You walk on suspended walkways between the stairs ways. You do have to walk down outside the enclosure and that may be a bit steep but well worth it to see inside the amazing houses.

Ephesus is not that bad to walk around and didn't involve much climbing or very uneven ground. I don't remember climbing any hills while we were there. It truly was one of the most wonderful sites we visited and I highly recommend taking a private tour there.

We used Kagan Kosagan for a private tour of Ephesus and the House of the Blessed Virgin. We were with a group from our roll call and were very pleased with the tour and price. He has worked on the excavation at Ephesus and is quite knowledgeable. He is a strictly a guide and hires a car and driver(included in his price) - he is not a driver/guide.

Archived