Tortuga Rum Cakes on Vision?

Does anyone know if you can buy Tortuga Rum Cakes on the Vision?

We bought the 6 pack assortment when we were on our B2B on the Jewel in January. We loved them... they remind us of the Caribbean. :) We're sailing the Mexican Riviera on the Vision in November and are wondering if we'll be able to buy more then.

I know that you can go online and order them directly from the Tortuga website. I may have to if I can't get them on the Vision.

I am struggling with this one, as all my cruises are tended to meld into one, but I do believe they do. I seem to recall seeing them, and resigning myself to the fact that there was no room in my suitcase.:o Hopefully, someone who was on more recently can confirm.;)

I can't give you a definitive answer but just wanted to say thanks for pointing me to the Tortuga Rum Cake website! I just requested a brochure. YUM!

Ya know, now that I think about it, I think the rum cakes were available on both of our Alaska cruises (Vision and Radiance). I'm not positive but DH says he thinks he remembers seeing them there too.

Hopefully someone can give you a more definitive answer. :)

Our ship had them available too. If you happen to stop in the Cayman Islands, Blackbeards Rum Cakes most say are better and they have a better deal. $30 for the 6 pack (yes thats higher, they are 27.50 on the ship for the other brand), but you get to pick a free 2 lbs cake. We got the banana, yum.

Love Blackbeards rum cakes the best....but all are good. Banana is my favorite (really enjoy the "sampling" of cakes/rum in Grand Cayman... . We have only been on 3 cruises to date (none the Vision) and all had Tortuga rum cakes. Although if I remember, they had limited varieties. Jan

Making my mouth water for a Tortuga cake! Last week I saw them in my local BJ's warehouse!! Didn't buy it as I feared it just wouldn't taste the same without the Calypso music in the background. Even DD loves them in limited quantity... (I guess she thinks she is sneaking some forbidden adult treasure).

Before you spend too much effort on these cakes, listen to my story:

We'd never tasted these cakes before we visited Grand Cayman during our November cruise, and we LOVED them! We bought a couple and carefully transported them back home.

In December I was shopping at Lowe's Foods (not my usual grocery store), and I found that they sell the EXACT SAME CAKES in the exact same packages FOR LESS MONEY!

It's a small world.

Thanks for all of your replies!

Being from Minnesota, I don't think there's a store anywhere near here that sells Tortuga rum cakes. I do remember seeing them in shops at most of the ports in the Caribbean. I think I saw them in Key West too, but I didn't buy any until the last night of the cruise from the gift shop on board. YUMMMM!

If I get a craving before November, I'll just order them online. :D

Being from Minnesota, I don't think there's a store anywhere near here that sells Tortuga rum cakes. I do remember seeing them in shops at most of the ports in the Caribbean.
You might be surprised. I'm in North Carolina -- that's not just next door to the factory, yet they're here!

I did see them in other ports in the Caribbean, but since it was several months ago, I can't say with any certainty where I saw them. The grocery store two miles down the road, though, I'm sure of that one!

I am struggling with this one, as all my cruises are tended to meld into one, but I do believe they do. I seem to recall seeing them, and resigning myself to the fact that there was no room in my suitcase.:o Hopefully, someone who was on more recently can confirm.;)

Carol - My aunt just read the OP's post on this thread to me over the phone. I then said to her "I bet Dirtgirl can answer that!" And lo and behold, guess who was the very next poster? hahahahaha!!!! I know you too well! ;) Must be all that Rocking of the Casbah!!!! lololol :D

Carol - My aunt just read the OP's post on this thread to me over the phone. I then said to her "I bet Dirtgirl can answer that!" And lo and behold, guess who was the very next poster? hahahahaha!!!! I know you too well! ;) Must be all that Rocking of the Casbah!!!! lololol :D

Hi Christie! :D Yup, you are my 80's dancing bud! Anything regarding the Vision, and I am so there. She's one of my favourite ships!

Archived