Wine packages

debt

When I order the wine package, I order it on the first day of the cruise, because the charge goes on my SeaPass card, and since it's charged to my RCL Visa, I get 2X points, and the payment is not made before the end of the cruise. Pre-paying means you are charged before your cruise. I'm not sure if there is a "discount" for pre paying.

I thought if you ordered the wine package online before your cruise, you weren't charged sales tax? (I could be completely wrong here.)

You aren't, but you are charged a 15% gratuity, same as if you bought onboard. I think also that if you buy the package while you're still in port, at least in ports in states or countries with a sales tax, you'll be charged sales tax on the package, so wait until you're at sea to avoid that extra charge.

You aren't, but you are charged a 15% gratuity, same as if you bought onboard. I think also that if you buy the package while you're still in port, at least in ports in states or countries with a sales tax, you'll be charged sales tax on the package, so wait until you're at sea to avoid that extra charge.

RC doesn't process the Wine & Dine packages charges until they are at sea since you are not consuming the wine while in port so it doesn't matter if you order it when the ship is still in port before it sails. It is only the drinks that are bought and consumed in ports that have taxes added if they are applicable in that port.

On RC's web site the W&D Pkg prices include the 15% gratuity while onboard they promote the W&D pkg prices without the gratuity and add it on after. The prices are the same with either way of ordering.

I Have Done It Both Ways And The Price Is The Same No Tax Was Added. You Do Have To Do It The First Day I Think To Get The 25% Off The Bottle Price.

The W&D Pkg is only available the first evening and first full day onboard. After that it's gone.

Depending on the pkg and wine selected you can save up to 1/3 off the individual bottle prices.

The W&D Pkg is only available the first evening and first full day onboard. After that it's gone.

Depending on the pkg and wine selected you can save up to 1/3 off the individual bottle prices.

I think RCI has changed that - our waiter on a cruise over the summer told us that we could order another package if we drank everything in the first one (we didn't, but we came close!).

I think RCI has changed that - our waiter on a cruise over the summer told us that we could order another package if we drank everything in the first one (we didn't, but we came close!).

Yes we also heard that or you could change from say a 5 to a 7 bottle pkg by paying the difference but you had to have bought the initial pkg when offered the first evening and day onboard. If you didn't get it then we were told it wasn't available later in the cruise.

IMHO it worth asking for it later if you forgot or didn't get it in the initial period as I've sure it would be at the disgrestion of the staff or the policy might be different on another ship.

Archived