Questions about PG

TimATL

I received information that the boat sails from Papeete at 10pm and that embarkation begins at 3pm. What is the latest that you're able to arrive at the boat between when boarding begins at 3pm and sailing at 10pm? Is there a mandatory boat drill, and if so, at what time?

Does the boat tender in Raiatea, Taha'a Motu Mahana, Bora Bora and Moorea?

I understand RSSC has a private beach in Bora Bora. How frequent are the tenders? Is it a short ride?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the lifeboat drill is the next morning on the PG.

I have heard that the boat now docks in Raiatea, I can't confirm that. It tenders everywhere else. And yes, there are tenders all day to Motu Mahana on the motu day.

The private on Bora Bora is part of a motu, shared with the Pearl hotel. If you're there for 2 days, they reposition the ship closer so that the tender trip is shorter. It's a fun trip anyways, sometimes one of the tender drivers kayaked in the wake! And often the captain comes over in his own private little boat. The beach is lovely, not much to do but lie around and swim, and have a drink.

I doubt if that would be a problem, but someone else will no doubt comment. There are some late flights quite often. Just make sure they know you are coming.

In fact, what I would probably do is check in early, dump my bags, and the go out and "do the town". Then you can just ask them when to be back. I seem to remember reading somewhere about the boat leaving early and leaving an un-checked-in guest at the dock. Unusual, but not impossible.

Yes Wendy here we go and chime in...I would do exactly what Wendy said (which is what we are going to do) go to the ship, check in, dump the bags and then off to Le Marche. Le Marche is a great place to shop for some neat nic nacs and stuff for those less fortunate who did not come with you (read children and other family members). We are sleeping in that day (IC in Tahtit) and then heading to the ship...very casual..and relaxed!

I was under the impression that the market was only open from 5am-1pm on Saturdays. Therefore, by the time we check-in at the boat after 3pm, it'd be closed.

My plan was to hit the maket before closing time at 1pm, then go see Point Venus, head back to the Intercontinental to get my bags and then get on the boat before dinner time.

Yes, you're right, the market is closed on Saturday afternoon.

Perhaps you could talk to the greeters at the ship while you're in town, if they are around, and tell them what your plan is? The black sand beaches to the east are nice, for sure. I've stayed out there a couple of times.

Not sure what other advice to give you, except perhaps to inform the ship somehow that you are there, and will be on board later.

We are boarding in the middle of the week, I didn't even take into account when you were departing. Sorry about that. So your plan works well and I think you would still do well by getting there early and then explore the "rest" of downtown Papeete.

Archived