March 2009...yes, planning already!

Chrislynn55

I know this is way early but does anyone have any information about what ships will be sailing from any of the New York ports for March Break 2009? We were just on the Gem a couple of weeks ago and had a great time but we enjoy going on a different ship every time we cruise and we really like New York. So far, the only ship listed as sailing from there for next March is the Gem, according to the online agencies. Anybody got any info?

Chrislynn55 -

Never too early to plan. We booked our March 9/09 cruise last August. If you find just what you want (cruise line, ship, itinerary, cabin, price), no use diddling around. Go for it.

Hi Kathy,

So far there is the Gem and RC Explorer of the Seas leaving from Bayonne NJ in March. I was sooooo disappointed when NCL teased me with the Jade March 6/09 10 day from NY then they changed it to Europe. darn. We would have booked it in a heartbeat.

We loved the Gem, but I would like a different itinerary. Of all the changes NCL makes to itineraries, let them change this one lol.

I just don't know about doing a traditional dining cruise with the boys. They have done it in the past, but now they are older they really liked the freedom. Since we are limited to only cruising at March Break I know the difficulty in booking something.

Maybe we should lobby NCL to give us more choice from NY!!!

I know this is way early but does anyone have any information about what ships will be sailing from any of the New York ports for March Break 2009? We were just on the Gem a couple of weeks ago and had a great time but we enjoy going on a different ship every time we cruise and we really like New York. So far, the only ship listed as sailing from there for next March is the Gem, according to the online agencies. Anybody got any info?

It's never to early. I booked our cruise to Alaska last August in June of 06. Wanted to make sure I had time to pay for it. In October of 07 I booked our next cruise to Mexico for Feb. of 09 for the same reason. Booking early for us assures us of having the cabin we want on the deck we want. Last year we had an oceanview stateroom on deck 8 aft. Next cruise we will have a balcony on deck 9 aft. We will also be on the same ship (Star). Good luck and have fun planning. I do.

Bosslady:)

Hi Sheila,

I saw that cruise from Bayonne and got all excited about the 9 day itinerary until I checked our school board's website and found that March Break shifts to the week of March 14 for next year, not March 7 as I'd hoped....so, that cruise won't work. I know what you mean about the traditional dining, it would be so hard to go back to that. Any thoughts on you and your guys doing a Florida departure? Although Bryan would love to go back on the Gem, Pete and I want a different ship and right now the Gem is the only ship leaving from New York. We normally book almost a year ahead for March Break but I think we'll hang on for a few months and see what happens out there.

Kathy

We book super early, and I think this last one was more than 1 year out. I like to pick my cabin (aft mini this year) and have a long time to think about it. I have a lot of research to do to find a hotel for the night before, but it just won't come fast enough!!!!!

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the info! The OCDSB doesn't have next year's schedule posted. Since all public/catholic schools have always had the same march break I can assume ours will be the same. March 14th eh?

Yes, leaving from Florida had crossed my mind. We loved leaving from NYC though. Mind you, we may get a cheaper cruise from Florida to make up for the airfares.

I am putting my thinking cap on.....

Archived