Best Princess Ship For Tweens/Teens

cyberfilly

Hi All! Newbie here planning our second ever cruise. Our first and only cruise as a family of four was the Disney Wonder 4-night. Our kids, 8 and 11 at the time, loved it and are ready to cruise again. Wanted to try another line as Disney is fairly high, but don't want to do the budget cruise lines either, nor do we want a big party atmosphere or a smoky atmosphere as one of our kids has asthma. Considering Princess or RCCL out of a Florida port to Carribbean.

I'm looking for advice on which of the Princess ships offer the most activities for tweens and early teens. Main interest is pools, but other ship amenities for kids are important too. RCCL has their H20 zone, miniature golf, rock-climbing wall, etc. Was wondering what Princess ships offer.

TIA!

Our kids had a great time on Princess last year - it was spring break, so there were lots of kids on board and that helps.

One was 12 last year and is looking forward to REMIX for 13-17 this time (after only glimpsing it last time). They have video games and special 'teen' get togethers, and a teen-only hot tub. Having said that, she met plenty of other 12 yr old all "in the same boat" and had lots of fun (video/playstations there too).

It may depend on the ship you go on as well - we were on the Crown (and will be again)

Princess does not have the rinks or rock climbing walls of RCCL, but don't think they were missed. There is mini golf and basketball courts, and ping pong. The kids also liked MUTS - movies under the stars with their new friends.

We gave them walkie-talkies and they were pretty independent, although we always made sure to have dinner together. To keep their 'independence', they had to observe certain check-in times, which they did, lest they have to hang out with us.

We go in less than a month with an almost 10 yr old, 13 and 17 yr olds, so I will post again when we are back (which I do not want to think about !)

We have travelled twice on the Sapphire (Mexico and Alaska) and our son loved it both times. So much so that he says that is the only ship he wants to go on!

More kids were on at Spring Break(Mexico in 2006 ~ he was 10). At 11 after a week of travelling inland on a cruisetour, could not wait to hit the ship and find some kids to hang out with. The programs were very fun and he could not wait to get there each day.

He would come with us to dinner(we had early seating), wolf down whatever entree he ordered and head up to the club. Gave us a nice meal together and time to go to whatever entertainment we wanted until the 10PM pick up time.

One note, we did not allow him to sign out of the club himself. He could sign in by himself, but one of us had to go get him. You can make that decision for each child 12 and under, however I do not think this is the case with the teens. We did not want him running around unsupervised.

On the Mexico trip, we were in the very small minority that required this in the 10-12 age group. Most parents allowed the kids to come and go as they pleased. He was not happy about the restriction, but I felt that being his first time, and some poor choices made right before we left home, that this was necessary. All in all it worked out fine.

Hope this helps!

We went on the Caribbean Princess when my son (now 12) was 10. He LOVED it!! It was during spring break so tons of kids to hook up with. They had great activities for the kids day and night. One he really liked was a movie night under the stars when he got to stay out till midnight. He didn't have one complaint the ENTIRE trip (which is rare for him).

Archived