What would you do?

If you had a choice between a Junior Suite or 2 adjoining Balcony rooms (D1) on the Freedom class ships, which would you pick? We are a family of four - mom, dad, son(13), and son(9). I'm trying to decide which to pick for our April '09 cruise. The pluses for 2 cabins are the bathrooms, for sure.

Any help and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.

TiggerInNY:)

We had a jr. suite on our last cruise (family of four). Before that cruise was over we knew next cruise it would be two rooms for sure! This time we have adjoining balcony rooms booked! I know we will be appreciating the extra bathroom, space and sanity!

You both have good points. Especially the private time with hubby. I'm sure he'll agree with that one. Me, too. Do you know if the Stewart can lock the balcony door so the kids can't open it? That's another issue for me.

Thanks.

Inside/Balcony - Voyager (9376/9381, 9676/9681) Freedom (9396/9401, 9696/9701)

Oceanview/Balcony - Voyager (9518/9520, 9218/9220) Freedom, 9518/9520, 9218,9220)

I got these from someone on the boards - but you can get a balcony for you and dh connecting to an inside or oceanview for the kids - less $$ and you don't have to worry about the balcony. But they book FAST.

Kathy

Oceanview/Balcony - Voyager (9518/9520, 9218/9220) Freedom, 9518/9520, 9218,9220)

I got these from someone on the boards - but you can get a balcony for you and dh connecting to an inside or oceanview for the kids - less $$ and you don't have to worry about the balcony. But they book FAST.

Kathy

This is the route I would go.

Kathy

This is exactly what we are doing for our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. DH and I have the balcony and our 2 DSs have the interior connecting. We had planned this cruise around these rooms...there are only 2 per ship. We had planned it way in advance....over a year ago!

Dumb thought from a RCI novice but....two cabins on same cruise gets two C&A cruise credits same as JS right? So it's a wash and that's not a consideration? Just wanted to be sure incase we ever run into this.

Dumb thought from a RCI novice but....two cabins on same cruise gets two C&A cruise credits same as JS right? So it's a wash and that's not a consideration? Just wanted to be sure incase we ever run into this.

Nice thought....but only the persons sailing in the balcony (IN or OV) cabin gets the credit, so they each get 1 credit for a 7 night.

Archived