Cabin 8538 on SOS??

I just found out that's where I will be staying. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? If so, can you tell me anything about it - good or bad? I'd appreciate it - thanks! :)

I stayed in a cabin just down the hall last April and it was not bad. Like all cabins on the SOS, it is a little small, but comfortable. My only complaint was the sound you heard in the morning from joggers outside your window. Not terrible, but noticable. Although next to the Elevator, you should not notice any noise.

The obstructed view as outlined in some of the web sites is because there are various walking decks and lifeboats that may block your view, plus depending on the bed setup in your cabin, getting to the window could be a little tricky and might involve climbing over the bed.

Enjoy the cruise, the Sovereign is a very nice ship. It is much smaller than the Supercruisers and that makes it easy to navigate and created a much more convenient day.

Happy Cruising

Dave

I just found out that's where I will be staying. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? If so, can you tell me anything about it - good or bad? I'd appreciate it - thanks! :)

Actually, you have been booked into one of the best bargains on the ship.

Deck 8 is all Category I cabins. This is the lowest price OV cabin, because the view is "obstructed." 8538, however, is one of the UNobstructed cabins!

You will love the location and have a fabulous cruise! :)

It is one of my favorite cabins........:D heres the other ones on that deck that are not obstructed,even though it says so..and there wont be any joggers going past your window....the promenade deck is deck 7,so not quite sure how the poster above heard joggers:confused: ........

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you all so much for your input! :)

Deck 8 is all Category I cabins. This is the lowest price OV cabin, because the view is "obstructed." 8538, however, is one of the UNobstructed cabins!

Wheeee that made my day!!! :D Thanks again for the info! Is it August yet?!?! :p

It is one of my favorite cabins........:D heres the other ones on that deck that are not obstructed,even though it says so..and there wont be any joggers going past your window....the promenade deck is deck 7,so not quite sure how the poster above heard joggers:confused: .

I completely stand corrected. Went back and checked our tickets and we were on 7, not on 8 and I had thought. I am sorry for any mis-information. Thanks for the correction.

Dave

I completely stand corrected. Went back and checked our tickets and we were on 7, not on 8 and I had thought. I am sorry for any mis-information. Thanks for the correction.

Dave

I go in 2 weeks and I'm on 7. I've heard that the promenade is on that level and we'll need to keep our curtains closed. I can't wait!:)

I go in 2 weeks and I'm on 7. I've heard that the promenade is on that level and we'll need to keep our curtains closed. I can't wait!:)

Curtain closed are a most when in a compromising situation. Everyone walking by will be able to look right in. However, it is a very minor issue in comparison to the great time you will have.

Happy Cruising

Dave

Archived