Where to Park Car In New Jersey

catlady461

We are on the Dawn to Bermuda on May 11. We are driving to NJ from Ohio. We are originally from northern NJ and my husband doesn't want to drive into New York. Anyone know of a hotel/motel in Secaucus that has long term parking so we can get a limo from there to the port. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Newark Airport has long term parking, but I think you will have trouble finding a hotel that offers it. You could also park in an NJ transit lot in Newark or another nearby town, but security might be an issue with that. Personally I would bite the bullet and drive into Mahattan. The convenience of parking at the pier is amazing. I live in NJ and that is what I will be doing. Even though I have parking available at work in Newark or could take the train in...I plan to drive in and park. A cab from Newark into Manhattan is going to cost $65 to $75 with tolls extra.

Checked the prices for super shuttle. Looks like $19 a person for shared vehicle.

Thank you! We're flying into Newark the day b4 our cruise and won't be in any rush the following morning so this looks like a good option for the wife & I

i have to be honest here. for a cruise out of NYC, i have never had a problem with traffic or congestion on the day of the cruise. however, let me state this:

- i live in NNJ, right by the Meadowlands.

- traffic on a sunday OR saturday morning is not a problem for me. but i understand not everyone can get to the pier that early due to travel distances.

- the last 3 times i sailed out of NYC, i CHOSE to arrive at 10:30am at the pier. crazy as it sounds i just like being there early even though the ships are unloading pax.

- you cannot find a more easier situation to park in a secure lot. security totally checks to make sure you are a cruise pax. AND the K9 unit will sniff your car.

the only issue i can see people having a problem with is the cost for cruises it's $30/day. cruises over 10 days are $300 flat rate. http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html but given the convenience of proximity and the amenity of "security". it's worth the hassle and potential vandalism/theft of your car.

but that's just my opinion.

The Hilton Newark Airport has a park and Fly program. We're booked one night there with 14 days parking included for our Europe cruise at the end of June.

ETA, I don't see why you couldn't park there, and cruise out of NYC instead of fly out of Newark as we are.

They have 7, 10, and 14 day parking/1 night room rates I believe.

I suggest parking at the pier. It's much easier than shuttling.

Also, your DH will be driving on Sunday mornings, which is a piece of cake. Come off the GW bridge and it's a straight shot into the pier.

We've parked at the pier four times within the last 3 years. Safe and convenient.

Driving down the West Side highway on a Sunday morning is really not stressful. :)

I suggest parking at the pier. It's much easier than shuttling.

Also, your DH will be driving on Sunday mornings, which is a piece of cake. Come off the GW bridge and it's a straight shot into the pier.

We've parked at the pier four times within the last 3 years. Safe and convenient.

Driving down the West Side highway on a Sunday morning is really not stressful. :)

yeah i can't agree with you more. in the end i think it's just that much more "relaxing" to park AT the pier. but again...people do have an aversion to NYC traffic (this is really only during the work week...rush hours and such.)

coming down the West Side Hwy and seeing the ships off in the distance is REALLY nice!!!

i actually go across the Lincoln Tunnel and go up 10th Ave (i know i can go up 12th...but this is my method). make a left towards the Boat Basin and come down. i just don't like that minor congestion to make that left into the pier....but again...that's just me.

i actually go across the Lincoln Tunnel and go up 10th Ave (i know i can go up 12th...but this is my method). make a left towards the Boat Basin and come down. i just don't like that minor congestion to make that left into the pier....but again...that's just me.
You're more experienced at coming in from Jersey than I am, so I defer to your experience.

Being from Connecticut, I take the Merritt Parkway, bear left and we're there!:p

yeah i can't agree with you more. in the end i think it's just that much more "relaxing" to park AT the pier. but again...people do have an aversion to NYC traffic (this is really only during the work week...rush hours and such.)

coming down the West Side Hwy and seeing the ships off in the distance is REALLY nice!!!

Ok ZoneHPH,

I'll be driving from State College, Pa (We are...) to the Brooklyn pier on a weekday. Can you give me step-by-step instructions? Thanks, (...Penn State!!):rolleyes:

We were thinking of taking he ferry from Weehawken, but wondering if it will be a problem getting to Brooklyn from the drop off point in Manhattan. I heard that taxis don't know where to go in Brooklyn and don't WANT to go in to Brooklyn. Let me know if there is an easy way from the drop off point to Brooklyn, and we'll do it!!:rolleyes:

Well hubby has changed his mind again and doesn't want to drive into the city. I have made a reservation for a room at the Hampton Inn in Secaucus and will be leaving the car there.

Called Carmel limo to take us from the hotel to the pier & back again. It works out cheaper than parking at the pier. $43 each way plus toll & tip.

Well hubby has changed his mind again and doesn't want to drive into the city. I have made a reservation for a room at the Hampton Inn in Secaucus and will be leaving the car there.

Called Carmel limo to take us from the hotel to the pier & back again. It works out cheaper than parking at the pier. $43 each way plus toll & tip.

What do they charge for leaving your car there for the length of the cruise? I've check web sites and saw no deals like that in Secaucus, I'd love to stay again.

Archived