Awful story on NCL cruise - Teen related

crusinmama06

I posted this on the other thread too, but I'll say it again.

"What the H*** is the matter with people these days? I hope that the kids can get over this emotionally and that the 3 guys get what they deserve."

Parents also need to make sure their kiddos KNOW not to go to cabins of people they don't know. The article says that the 3 men offered them alcohol & they went to the men's cabin, where they were forced in. Just like in "real life," DON'T talk to strangers, and DON'T go anywhere with them.

Just goes to show that even with teens, the parents need to set down some ground rules. They were drinking while underaged, which goes against the ship's rules. They went to a stranger's cabin.

You don't know who the other 2000 or more passengers are. It's just unfortunate that the parents and teens had to learn this lesson.

I hope these creeps are locked up forever.

In preparation of my kids first cruise (April 2009), I shared this story with them last night. I told them that just because mom doesn't let you roam around by yourself, that doesn't mean that mom does not trust you. Its just that there are some SICK people out there. I am about to embark my 3rd cruise and although I am 36 years old, I myself don't even walk around the ship alone. I always take someone else from my group.

I am still going to let my son the freedom of the ship (he'll be 13 on the next cruise) , but now he is going to be made to understand that going to someone's cabin on the ship is the same as going to someone's house or car - don't do it. I don't really see the difference between him meeting up with other kids at the pool vs. meeting up with other kids at the local schoolyard for handball or whatever. He always has to be aware of stranger danger wherever we go. Fortunately, he is a very careful kid.

Archived