Questions -- JS on AOS

Hi. I'm considering AOS with my family for next April (yes, I am a compulsive planner). DH wants something bigger than a balcony cabin. He likes to spend some time in the cabin.

Can anyone who has cruised on AOS (or sister ships) in a JS, give me some insight into good locations? On our NOS cruise, we were on the Seventh Deck. Looks like most of the JS are higher. Is it rocky on, for example, Deck Ten?

I will need a JS with an inside or promenade cabin across the hall for my kids (13, 16 on the next cruise). Any suggestions?

Any pictures would be great too.

I already called RCI, but they don't open till 10 am ET. So, what else would I do but investigate on CC?

(I realize that JS doesn't come with all the perks of the higher level suites, but we just want the extra room.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I was just on AOS a few weeks ago with a bunch of friends. I was in a JS on deck 9 right in front of the hump (9608). The room was amazing. I'm not sure what route you are doing but we did the Aruba route in every port except Saint Maarten we docked with the port side next to the dock so we could see the islands. Since I traveled with a large group of friends, some friends were in the JS next to us (9606) and that had a sofa bed was nice. There was a interior room across from 9606/9606. Another friend was in it and it was nice. But where you get a JS it will be nice. And having a nice big balcony is nice. Really nice

Hi. I'm considering AOS with my family for next April (yes, I am a compulsive planner). DH wants something bigger than a balcony cabin. He likes to spend some time in the cabin.

Can anyone who has cruised on AOS (or sister ships) in a JS, give me some insight into good locations? On our NOS cruise, we were on the Seventh Deck. Looks like most of the JS are higher. Is it rocky on, for example, Deck Ten?

I will need a JS with an inside or promenade cabin across the hall for my kids (13, 16 on the next cruise). Any suggestions?

Any pictures would be great too.

I already called RCI, but they don't open till 10 am ET. So, what else would I do but investigate on CC?

(I realize that JS doesn't come with all the perks of the higher level suites, but we just want the extra room.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

We've had JS's on Mariner, Enchantment, Grandeur and Sovereign but never on the AOS although I would assume that they would be similar. As you mentioned, they are generally located on the Suite decks which are higher but we've never noticed much difference in motion compared to the regular balcony decks. Also as I recall, all of the cabins we've stayed in had interior cabins located across the hall. If you are looking for a bit more cabin space and a larger balcony, a JS would fit the bill........:)

I was just on AOS a few weeks ago with a bunch of friends. I was in a JS on deck 9 right in front of the hump (9608). The room was amazing. I'm not sure what route you are doing but we did the Aruba route in every port except Saint Maarten we docked with the port side next to the dock so we could see the islands. Since I traveled with a large group of friends, some friends were in the JS next to us (9606) and that had a sofa bed was nice. There was a interior room across from 9606/9606. Another friend was in it and it was nice. But where you get a JS it will be nice. And having a nice big balcony is nice. Really nice

I just called RCI and 9608 was one of the cabins available with an inside across the hall. I was wondering if the hump sort of gets in the way of your view....

Other option is 9284.

The vacation planner mentioned that deck 9 would be better than deck 10 -- avoid noise from the pool above. Has anyone had any experience with this on deck 10?

We are definitely interested in mid-ship and near the elevator....

We were on the Adventure a few weeks ago in a Junior Suite on Deck 10 and we didn't have problem with noise from above. Our friends were across the hall in an inside and everything worked out great. As to having a JS on the hump I don't see a problem. We wife really enjoyed all the extra room we had and she really liked the walk-in closet. Luggage and everything went in there and our cabin wasn't that messy with clothes and everything laying around.

We were in a GS on the hump on the AOS in August on the 10th floor and had absolutely no problem whatsoever. It was very quiet and relaxing. I still don't know what side is port or starboard but we were on the right hand side and wonderful views of the Pitons cruising into St Lucia.

There were also inside cabins located near us and I believe some were even the promenade ones which I hear are in big demand as they overlook the main centrum and people love to "people watch"!

Whatever you decide will be great! The AOS is a wonderful ship!!

we used our balcony and the hump was never in our way. If you wanted to look back you wouldn't be able to because of the hump. It was really ncs being right near the elevators. Much better then trying to walk all the way to end of the ship. We got on really early and we asked if we could just put our stiff in the room which they said yes, I looked at the rooms on hump and a little bit down the hallway and they all looked great. Where ever you get a room on this ship you will have a great time. Good luck planning and happy sailing

We were on the Voyager last week and had 1340, a JS on Deck 10. We had absolutely no noise at all from above. Our cabin was right under Portofino.

Our view forward was blocked by the hump, but it didn't bother us at all. Most of the time we were sitting down and enjoying the spectacular views straight out to sea!:)

Archived