New York hotel help

Cruisin Sal

Hi:

We live in Canada and when we go to New York City, we always book The Travel Inn. Very reasonable for New York and has free parking as well. It is on 42nd street between 10th & 11th Avenue on the north side of the street.

Very convenient. Not far from the port. You could walk it unless you have a lot of luggage.

They have a 1-800 number. I used to book them through a web site but then decided to call them direct and guess what - it was cheaper!

Good Luck.

Since you're going to be in NY for 3 days I assume you would want to see some sights......how about the Marriott Marquis, which is right in the middle of Times Square---shows, restaurants, nightlife, etc all in walking distance. Its not cheap but its a great hotel.

I was in New York for three days this past May and stayed at the Majestic. It's a great location, close to everything. They were finishing renovating and we had a renovated room which was very nice. It was also one of the most reasonable hotels in the city.

If you only need one bed then Priceline may be the way to go. Look at midtown east and west locations IF you want shows at night and a convenient location. Sorry but I would NEVER consider the Travel Inn- not a good location, kind of dumpy and desolate walking at night. I go to NYC on average 4 times per year. For sometimes good rates, I go between the HOJO and Days Inn on 8th and the Super 8. All excellent locations- 1 long block to Times Square, walkable to theaters, the former on the 8th Ave Subway. Dont hesistate to book, but keep checking between the 3 and cancel and rebook if a better deal comes up. They are always changing pricing.

Archived