Where does Crown dock in St. Thomas?

njtwinmom

We also docked in Crown Bay. I asked a staff member why we were going there when there was only one ship at Havensight, they said that Princess had a deal with Crown Bay to help get it built up and developed so they were obligated to go there with the Crown at least most of the time.

On our September 2007 Crown voyage we docked at Crown Bay. Regretfully, you can't walk to Havensight from Crown Bay and you can't really walk from Crown Bay into Charlotte Amalie, either.

Taxi is the way to go.

you can go to the web site www dot vinow dot com and they will have the cruise ship schedule there. WICO is Havensight and CB is Crown Bay.

They don't have future months in place yet, but as you get closer they will have the schedule posted.

In January, we were fortunate enough to dock at Havensight.

We have been on 2 cruises aboard the Emerald where we were scheduled to dock in Crown Bay and we ended up in Havensite. I think it may have to do with which ship gets there first? Not sure if there is any reason.

It takes about 20 minutes to walk from Crown Bay to Downtown. I do it every week. It takes about 35 minutes to walk from Crown Bay to Havensight. I make the trip twice a month.

For those worried about eating too much, it's agreat way to work it off.

Depends on which ships are there. Caribbean Princess docked at Crown Bay when we were on it, but on Crown Princess in December we docked at Havensight. QM2 and one other ship were already at Crown Bay pier.

I wondered if our ride would be at Havensight or at Crown Bay, but was told they get a schedule in the early a.m. as to which ship will be at which pier.

Havensight has a few good stores and a shuttle train that runs to downtown. Crown you have to take a taxi to anywhere, or walk.

Bottom line is you just don't know for sure where you'll dock that day!

Enjoy!

On our September 2007 Crown voyage we docked at Crown Bay. Regretfully, you can't walk to Havensight from Crown Bay and you can't really walk from Crown Bay into Charlotte Amalie, either.

Taxi is the way to go.

It takes about 20 minutes to walk from Crown Bay to Downtown. I do it every week. It takes about 35 minutes to walk from Crown Bay to Havensight. I make the trip twice a month.

For those worried about eating too much, it's agreat way to work it off.

Just got off the Crown. We docked in Crown Bay, and DID walk to Charlotte Amalie. (Could have walked further to Havensight, if we'd wanted to, but didn't see the need.) We did taxi back - didn't feel like taking the time or energy (plus were carrying a large bag with booze - heavy to carry the bottle all that way).

We did note that the walk was not smooth the whole way - sidewalks were iffy, and sometimes not there, and crossing the street was difficult. (No lights to cross easily until you got to Charlotte Amalie, and yet the sidewalk was better on the far side for the first bit, and then on the water side for the latter bit, but then you had to cross - with a cross light this time - once you got to Charlotte Amalie.) I'd not recommend it for the mobility impaired or those not up to a fair bit of walking.

Archived