Freedom of the Seas, Royal Promanade Family stateroom

Hi Everyone,

I just booked at Royal family promendade stateroom cat FI on the freedom of the seas. I have never cruised Royal Caribbean before. Is this a good choice? The price was less expensive than two connecting inside cabins, which is what I usually get when I cruise on Disney. My children are young, 8, 6, 4 at time of sailing, so we may be able to make due.

I am having a hard time find pictures of this room, any ideas on where I could find some? I tried the search engine but it was down.

Thanks

I love the pictures, they were exactly what I was looking for. I was really worried about booking this room, but it looks perfect for us.

And you can't beat the price for it either!!!

Now to find out all the little details of the ship!!

I love the pictures, they were exactly what I was looking for. I was really worried about booking this room, but it looks perfect for us.

And you can't beat the price for it either!!!

Now to find out all the little details of the ship!!

I'll tell you, *I* was really drooling over those pictures! :)

Well I am really glad that this was an option for us. I think there is only 4 of them so I booked now just in case they were gone.

What airport does most people fly into? I think I could get a better rate going to FLL, than Miami. I should probably fly in the day before too, and get a room for the night?

Either airport would work, but if you use FLL be sure your flight out is late enough that you won't have to hurry to get there.

It's always a good idea to fly in the day before. Embarkation day won't seem as much of a rush.

I should probably fly in the day before too, and get a room for the night?

That's always a good idea. We did that on our last cruise and it's a good thing because when we got to the airport in Wisconsin (weather was gorgeous there!) we found out our flight to the Atlanta hub had been cancelled due to snow in Atlanta. Ended up having to spend the night in the Houston airport and didn't get into FLL until embarkation day.

So just when you think it's safe to fly on embarkation day, it's not.

Hello, thanks for this thread and posting pics. We just booked the family promenade stateroom for Freedom of the seas. I only booked it because there were no balcony cabins left. I called Royal Carribean for my reservation and they told me about this room. They and they said there is no minimum guest requirement - it's just my hubby and I. The price was the same as a regular promenade stateroom and it's 300 sq feet. Just a tip if anyone out there wants that room you can call Royal Caribbean and book it over the phone. I fell lucky like it's getting a suite for an interior cabin price!!

Well I am really glad that this was an option for us. I think there is only 4 of them so I booked now just in case they were gone.

What airport does most people fly into? I think I could get a better rate going to FLL, than Miami. I should probably fly in the day before too, and get a room for the night?

If you are going to be renting a car anyway, you might consider West Palm Beach as an air port. It's about 70 miles north of Miami, and the freeway was pretty empty Saturday afternoon when we flew in. We saved about $200 per person for a family of 6 by flying in and out of WPB instead of FLL or MIA.

Hello, thanks for this thread and posting pics. We just booked the family promenade stateroom for Freedom of the seas. I only booked it because there were no balcony cabins left. I called Royal Carribean for my reservation and they told me about this room. They and they said there is no minimum guest requirement - it's just my hubby and I. The price was the same as a regular promenade stateroom and it's 300 sq feet. Just a tip if anyone out there wants that room you can call Royal Caribbean and book it over the phone. I fell lucky like it's getting a suite for an interior cabin price!!

You might want to verify this with RC when you book. I have always been told there is a minimum of 5 required and the price for px one and two was the same as a balcony on our sailing. I know that 30 days out RC opens all of the larger rooms for any number of passengers.

If you have a family of 5-6 then this room is perfect. We had one on Liberty last summer and have become spoiled with all of the space. I would never consider booking two connecting interiors instead of this room because the closet space and living area are so much more expansive then in two interiors. The only benefit to having two staterooms would be a second bathroom. But considering I have three younger kids- getting them into the shower is work enough, they are not in there any longer then necessary!

I have called twice to verify since I made the original reservation (still afraid it's too good to be true to get this ginormous room for just two people, ha!) and I had originally made the reservation direct with Royal Caribbean. Both reservationists said if the computer let's a guest book two people to this type of stateroom, FI, then then that means it's allowed - I personally think it has something to do with the fact I booked last minute and both family promedade staterooms were still available. They couldn't confirm that to me though. For those of you last minute cruisers, I would definately consider this type of room! It's worth a try if you would like a larger cabin.

You might want to verify this with RC when you book. I have always been told there is a minimum of 5 required and the price for px one and two was the same as a balcony on our sailing. I know that 30 days out RC opens all of the larger rooms for any number of passengers.

If you have a family of 5-6 then this room is perfect. We had one on Liberty last summer and have become spoiled with all of the space. I would never consider booking two connecting interiors instead of this room because the closet space and living area are so much more expansive then in two interiors. The only benefit to having two staterooms would be a second bathroom. But considering I have three younger kids- getting them into the shower is work enough, they are not in there any longer then necessary!

That does it! I am absolutley keeping my cabin!!! I am glad I found this board. I will fly in the day before no matter what. What time flight should I look at on the way home??

Is there a car service that anyone can suggest to and from the airports?

Archived