Need some help :)

crusinmama06

Just wanted to say that on the Carnival Freedom the Camp Carnival provided a phone not a pager so that you could check in on your child if necessary. They suggested you do this the first day in camp and they provided you with an update on how your child was doing. This phone only worked on the boat and not while you where on an excursion. You need to bring this phone with you each time you check in and out your child I would assume so that they can see you have your phone on hand in case of an emergency.

The princess kids' dinners are usually the formal nights.

I don't know how it is on the other cruise lines but on Princess the entire kids club is indoors. There is no outside time connected with the camp. If the kids want pool or outside time they have to be with their parents.

The parents are provided a beeper upon request so the club can contact the parents. Older kids are entitled to sign themselves in and out but I don't remember at what age that starts.

Not sure about all the other Princess ships, but the Caribbean Princess had a really nice outdoor (fenced in by netted walls) area connected to the kid's club with tricycles, hoola hoops, playhouse, etc. for kid's to get fresh air and ride around. This was in the 3-6 Pelican Princess area, but I could have sworn the Shockwaves also had an area too where they did group exercise and had pingpong tables set up (I'll ask my daughter).

Blog is a great idea. Will provide info as we experience more cruises with kid's (only 2 so far).

We just booked the Liberty Eastern for Memorial Day week. I will bring all the kids compasses for the 6-8 home for you. My sis has a 4yr old so I will see if she will save her 3-5 compasses too.

Thanks! I finally got the Liberty ages 9-11. So pretty much we have all ages covered. But it never hurts to get more ships and more itineraries. I have Freedom class Western but not Eastern, so that will be great to add those too. :D

I am creating a cruising with kids blog. My first chore was collecting all of the info about the different cruiseline programs.

Can you all take a look at this and let me know if I have any incorrect info on it? Thanks!

http://cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/

A lot of people will be thanking you. Is there anything you want me to check out when I'm on the NCL Spirit with a 4 year old at the end of this month?

There is one little thing I noticed...in the green section it says "...to make crusing with children...". I couldn't tell if you meant that to be spelled that way since you are "crusinmama06". Just thought I'd mention it.

A lot of people will be thanking you. Is there anything you want me to check out when I'm on the NCL Spirit with a 4 year old at the end of this month?

There is one little thing I noticed...in the green section it says "...to make crusing with children...". I couldn't tell if you meant that to be spelled that way since you are "crusinmama06". Just thought I'd mention it.

HAHAHAHAHA no that's how I became CRUSINmama, it was a typo that couldn't be fixed. I am such a doof. Thanks for catching that I will change it. :D

And yes, if you could get any kids crew pages, that would be awesome! We don't have many NCL pages. :)

You can scan them (or mail them to me). Just email me at bmediamom@comcast.net

THANKS!

Michelle,

Do you have the AO Compasses for Liberty of the Seas (Western) for the 12-14 year old group? We are leaving Saturday. It seems like it has taken FOREVER to get here! Can't wait to board on Saturday!

Thanks,

Rhonda

Michelle~

Wonderful blog! Looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing:D

I just checked NCL's website and they are still requiring babies to be over 6 months to sail, if you'd like to add that little tidbit.

:):):)

Michelle~

Wonderful blog! Looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing:D

I just checked NCL's website and they are still requiring babies to be over 6 months to sail, if you'd like to add that little tidbit.

:):):)

Is it 6 months, any itinerary? I know some cruiselines say 12 months for certain itineraries. I don't want to confuse anyone. :)

Michelle,

Do you have the AO Compasses for Liberty of the Seas (Western) for the 12-14 year old group? We are leaving Saturday. It seems like it has taken FOREVER to get here! Can't wait to board on Saturday!

Thanks,

Rhonda

Nope but if you could grab some for me while you're there. :D I have 12-14 on Freedom and Mariner, not Liberty.

Is it 6 months, any itinerary? I know some cruiselines say 12 months for certain itineraries. I don't want to confuse anyone. :)

This is the info from their web site. The fine print listed in their terms and conditions also states "no infants under the age of 6 months". I don't see any other age restriction, but will be sure to ask next time I call them. I'll let you know what I find out:)

What are NCL's Age Requirements?

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under 21 passenger throughout the cruise. This includes, but is not limited to, preventing under-age purchase or consumption of alcohol**, preventing under-age gaming activities and preventing violations of any ship's rules. Passengers must be age 21 to purchase or consume alcohol and age 18 to gamble on the ship. If the accompanying adult is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENTAL/ GUARDIAN CONSENT LETTER that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to an NCL representative at the pier. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

Kids under two cruise at a substantially reduced fare and certain itineraries offer specials on 3rd and 4th guests in the same stateroom. Infants under six months of age are not eligible for travel on NCL ships.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom without someone over the age of 21 in the same stateroom if they purchased the cruise under the family plan and have at least one person who is 21 years or older in the adjoining stateroom. The age limit will be waived for married couples less than 21 years of age provided proof of marriage is presented to an NCL representative at the pier.

**With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, NCL permits guests between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty (20) to purchase and personally consume wine and beer while on NCL ships with the consent of an accompanying parent or legal guardian (Parental Consent) on the same sailing when the vessel is outside the US state territorial waters (3 miles). Complete details and the Parental Consent form are available on board at the Reception Desk.

Just wanted to let you know that both the Star Princess and the Grand Princess had pools that allowed kids in swim diapers. Also, the Star Princess had an outside play area that was connected to the kids club and we saw kids in the program outside frequently.

Thanks for putting this together! There will be a lot of great information in here, I'm sure!

Just wanted to let you know that both the Star Princess and the Grand Princess had pools that allowed kids in swim diapers.

Ok, well somebody better tell Princess that then ;) I can only put it on the site if I have actual proof that there is an ACTUAL sign that says something like "Diapered infants welcome" or something.

Like I wrote on my blog. There are MANY children's pools on board ships. There are only 5 ships (none of them Princess) that have an actual area FOR babies in diapers. Just because no one threw the babies out, doesn't mean it's allowed on princess. :D

Pulling this word for word off of Princess's "Cruise Answer Book"

ADDITIONAL REMINDERS

Children under 3 are not permitted in the youth center unless accompanied by a parent at all times. All children participating in the Youth services must be potty trained. Children who are not potty trained are not permitted in hot tub or pool facilities.

cruisinmama06- On the Grand Princess, there are signs in front of all of the pools saying "no diapers" (or something along those lines), but NO sign in front of the kiddie pool. In fact, in the bathroom right near the pool there is a diaper pail available. I can't remember the set-up on the Star Princess in terms of signage, but we specifically asked if our DS could go in there and the staff in the kids area (the pool is adjacent to this area) and they said absolutely.

Having said that, I totally understand why you only want the "official" kids pools on your blog. :D And thankfully for us, we are well on the road to potty training completion (though not there yet), so we should be good to go for our cruise in December (we BETTER be:p ).

cruisinmama06- On the Grand Princess, there are signs in front of all of the pools saying "no diapers" (or something along those lines), but NO sign in front of the kiddie pool. In fact, in the bathroom right near the pool there is a diaper pail available. I can't remember the set-up on the Star Princess in terms of signage, but we specifically asked if our DS could go in there and the staff in the kids area (the pool is adjacent to this area) and they said absolutely.

Having said that, I totally understand why you only want the "official" kids pools on your blog. :D And thankfully for us, we are well on the road to potty training completion (though not there yet), so we should be good to go for our cruise in December (we BETTER be:p ).

We've had situations on Carnival where the crew said "Sure go ahead" but we knew from the signage that it's not allowed. ;)

I will shoot Princess an email and see if they respond. I'll post it here. Thanks!!!! :D

Archived