What is Carnival's Ultimate Balcony Cabin?

winddawn

FYI, there are only 3 of these cabins on each deck of a Spirit class ship and 2 of the 3 are HC accessible. They are on each side of the aft elevators. The two furthest back are the HC accessible. There is one cabin, port side, which is not. On the starboard side, this cabin is next to a cat. 9A.

I have researched this extensively, as my mom is HC. We had the two cat. 7A's last year on the Legend and have the two 8E's this year (one HC, one not).

I suspected as much, most (if not all) the "sideways" cabins are HC.

Does anyone have any info and or pictures on Cabin #7298 on the Pride out of Long Beach.

We have this cabin booked for the mexican riv. in October of this year.

I know it's a cat.#11 but that is all i know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Does anyone have any info and or pictures on Cabin #7298 on the Pride out of Long Beach.

We have this cabin booked for the mexican riv. in October of this year.

I know it's a cat.#11 but that is all i know.

Thank you very much in advance.

My sister & BIL had this cabin on our last family cruise. It was a great cabin and our entire family group of 8 would meet here for our sail-away parties.

Does anyone have pics of those funky aft L-shaped cabins? (Victory has some). The balconies look big but the cabins might not be the best....

I'm wondering that too. I'm booked on the Freedom next February and we have this type of a cabin....

Does anyone have pics of those funky aft L-shaped cabins? (Victory has some). The balconies look big but the cabins might not be the best....

Here are some pics of the L shaped rooms, These are of the Conquest and not sure who's pictures they are. They give a good idea of what the others are like. I feel the L - Shaped rooms are the best for their price range. I have to agree that there are some that are better but for me these work out great.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1321057167068314652KDHmvH

HANDS DOWN: 4228 or 4237 - they are (port and starboard) category 11's on Spirit class ships.

46462816_2cSur-L.jpg

The cabin is very nice as well :)

Tom

Tom, I have a CAT 11 aft wrap around on the Miracle next Jan. and am wondering if the Cat 11 suited accomadate a 3rd passenger?--Regina

Dawn,

thank you for the pictures.The cabin looks like it might be L shaped.

Can you tell me, did the balcony feel large to you ?

Is there room to have a lounger or two out there or did it seemed cramped.

Are the balconys on the lower floors, Directly below larger than this one ?

Dale

I'll bet he got strange looks! I guess if there are not lounges on the balcony, we'll just have to do the same!:D

We were in 4228 on the Miracle in January and it already had two of the new loungers on it. Also had two of the new chairs and a small aluminum table. Only once did our aft wrap not have a lounger on it, and like Tom, DH did a covert operation to the Lido deck and voila! He did get some strange looks though...:eek:

We are taking our 1st Balcony ever we usually just book any inside cabin and spend more time doing things but we decided that it would be nice to have one so we have on the Legend cabin 7291 an extended balcony one.

I know it wont compare to those shown but still will be nice to wake up and go outside and have a coffee and danish

We are taking our 1st Balcony ever we usually just book any inside cabin and spend more time doing things but we decided that it would be nice to have one so we have on the Legend cabin 7291 an extended balcony one.

I know it wont compare to those shown but still will be nice to wake up and go outside and have a coffee and danish

Be careful what you wish for.:eek: You run the risk of being spoiled. You cabin is in the center of the cut-out so you will have an excellent view....you may never be able to book that inside again.:D

Have a great cruise!:)

Tom, I have a CAT 11 aft wrap around on the Miracle next Jan. and am wondering if the Cat 11 suited accomadate a 3rd passenger?--Regina

Not on deck 4.

On deck 7 (Verandah) the port side wrap-around (7298) can accommodate a third person, and BOTH of the corners on deck 8 (Panorama) can handle 3.

Tom

Dawn,

thank you for the pictures.The cabin looks like it might be L shaped.

Can you tell me, did the balcony feel large to you ?

Is there room to have a lounger or two out there or did it seemed cramped.

Are the balconys on the lower floors, Directly below larger than this one ?

Dale

Dale, this cabin was a Cat. 11 Suite. It had a nice sitting area and seperate bedroom. The bathroom was large with a whirlpool tub and 2 sinks. There was also a large walk-in closet. The balcony was a wrap-around and very large. I think there were 3 or 4 lounge chairs and 2 or 3 or those plastic loungers. We would have 8 people out there and still have lots of room.

It was very nice.

I sailed on the Valor in January 2008 and we had one of the 9A wrap around balconies on the Verandah Deck. As the Lido deck was just above us I was somewhat disappointed with the constant noise of the deck chairs being moved around when you were trying to sleep. As well, the room is located right next to a stairwell, which adds to the noise factor. Every morning at about 05:00 A.M. the staff would rearrange the deck chairs above us, so don't plan on sleeping past 05:00....

Every morning we would find cigarette butts, the occasional food items (Ice Cream Cones) and litter on our balcony, as people would usually have an ice cream cone or cigarette on the back of the ship on the deck above the Lido deck and throw their cigarettes and food off the back of the ship, not realizing the wind currents drag them back on to the aft balconies.

As well, when you try and suntan on the balcony anyone looking out the glass windows on the Lido Deck can see right on to your balcony, so you don't have as much privacy as you would on other balconies.

Next time I would definately rather book a category 8 balcony over a 9A....

Mary :)

Mary, we experienced the same problem with hearing the scraping of chairs from overhead. We had an aft wrap on the Triumph on Verandah deck; also just below the Lido deck. The plus side was that it was only one deck away from the food. ;-) DH loved that. This was the first cruise that we took all of our meals from the Lido. We fixed our plates and took them back to that large balcony and ate overlooking the water. Now that is my idea of relaxation. We spent a lot of time on that balcony. We gave the binoculars a work out too. We saw a double rainbow from our balcony!!

We were in an aft wraparound balcony on Spirit in Feb and there were no lounge chairs there. Just 2 chairs and a table. Asked the room steward for a lounge chair and he said they aren't permitted anymore...:confused: :confused: I really missed having them. What makes a lounge chair a fire hazard and not a regular chair?? We are booked in an AWB for our Miracle cruise in September. Hope they change the rules by then. :cool:

Archived