Just back from Galaxy 3/17 sailing...

bikinibottom

We are home and had a wonderful trip! The entire cruise was really great. I will do a real review but thought I send a quick note out. Some of our highlights were the river tubing in Dominica - very fun, and sailing on the Silver Moon in Barbados - amazing! We ate and drank our way through 11 wonderful nights. I think there may still be some rum left in the Islands somewhere. We used the luggage transfer service and all of our bags were waiting for us when we arrived at midnight in San Diego last night. Tried out the family ocean view cabins for the first time and really like them. The extra space was nice and we were on the 10th floor so it was really close to the Oasis area in the back of the ship. Super convenient. I would book this cabin for our family again.

Thanks to all on these boards for the help and planning tips and it was great to meet some fellow CCer's face to face!!

Now if only someone around here would treat me famously! LOL!

C.J.

Hello; I am glad you had a great time! We always do. I was wondering due to differing reports from other Celebrity ships do you go to your assigned table for dining the first evening aboard or is it open seating. I have always met my tablemates on the first evening aboard just curious. Thanks in advance we leave on 4/7 on the GALAXY!!

Hello; I am glad you had a great time! We always do. I was wondering due to differing reports from other Celebrity ships do you go to your assigned table for dining the first evening aboard or is it open seating. I have always met my tablemates on the first evening aboard just curious. Thanks in advance we leave on 4/7 on the GALAXY!!

It was open seating for the 3/7 cruise on the first evening.

I believe when you sail at 10:00pm it is usually open the first

night. 2nd night was our regular table.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Lois - the funny thing is that I was on the Mercury last year the sailing after you were too! I followed a lot of your posts prior to that cruise as well. Maybe someday we will have a voyage at the same time!

brownmonkey - as Lois said we did not go to our assigned table until the second night (which was a formal night for us). When we arrived for embarkation we were handed a card that said to attend the early seating for dinner that night and were shown to a random table when we did. We got on before noon so I assume that's why we received the "early seating" card for the first night. I was told that folks who arrived later got the later seating.

tromvest - as to Galaxy leaving the fleet - someone asked Luke the cruise director that very question at our CC Connections party and he said their were "strong rumors" but nothing official yet.

bikinibottom, you stated that you boarded before noon. What time did you arrive at the pier and did you board immediately or did you have to wait until a certain time?

Was the second night a formal night?

Also, was the second day (first day at sea) the day for the CC Connections Get Together? If so, what time and where was it held?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Liz

Hi Liz,

I was working on minimal sleep when I wrote that yesterday. My dh was reading my post and reminded me about a few details that I had forgotten. We left our hotel at noon and arrived at the pier around 12:30 or so. We waited outside the terminal for 15 mins or so after we gave the valets our luggage. Then the line moved inside to the agents quickly. We spent quite some time in the duty free shopping before we boarded - my dh reminded me that by the time we were actually walking up the gangway to the ship it was nearly 2:00. There were people on board before we were, so I would say that folks were on board by 1:00 for sure, maybe even earlier.

Yes, the second night was a formal night (and it was our first sea day) and it was the first night with our assigned table.

We had our CC party the second morning around 10:00 am (I am pretty sure that was the time) like I said my brain is still recovering from a red-eye and the time changes! It was the second morning, for sure and it was in the Stratosphere Lounge. It was a nice get together and I am really glad I went. I have never attended in the past and this time it was fun to meet everyone face to face.

Hope that helps! C.J.

bikinibottom, you stated that you boarded before noon. What time did you arrive at the pier and did you board immediately or did you have to wait until a certain time?

Was the second night a formal night?

Also, was the second day (first day at sea) the day for the CC Connections Get Together? If so, what time and where was it held?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Liz

CJ, the 11 night cruise has a very early sea day which makes

it much nicer for the CC gathering.

On the 10 nighter our first sea day was 6 days in:eek: and so that

is when ours was held.

Liz, boarding began in the early afternoon for the 3/7 cruise too.

I was at the peir about noon and was onboard before 1:00.

I was on the cruise with bikinibottom and we also had a great time. I had no complaints. I was very happy to see that some of the early complaints from previous readings on the board just didn't happen for me.

Bikinibottom was correct about the CC party, it was 10:00am. We had a great q and a session at the CC party with different people from the ship.

We were on the ship by 12:15. It was easy and quick. It probably was the best embarkation for us

Archived