ft lauderdale to miami port question

browneyedpete

I think it may be expensive??? From the FLL airport to Port Everglades it is approximately $20 for a taxi and it is not that far.

I hope someone with more knowledge can help you! I'm actually interested as well since our Valor cruise departs from Miami but it is cheaper to fly to FLL from where we live.

Enjoy your cruise with your kids!

With three of you....depending on how much time you have...renting a car would be least expensive and not that much hassle. You can pick up the car at FLL and return it near the port and take their shuttle to the port. There is a shared van service just outside the baggage area in FLL that is $18/pp and very efficient. My last taxi was $60+ w/o tip.

With three of you....depending on how much time you have...renting a car would be least expensive and not that much hassle. You can pick up the car at FLL and return it near the port and take their shuttle to the port. There is a shared van service just outside the baggage area in FLL that is $18/pp and very efficient. My last taxi was $60+ w/o tip.

Funship, do you know if the shared van will take you to your hotel or just to the cruise port?

We took the GO shuttle last year out of fort lauderdale to miami. $18 pp and it took us to our downtown hotel in miami. We also found a shared van once we got off the ship to go back to fort lauderdale for $20 pp.

Peachy Girl, do you remember the name of the shared van you took after debarkation? And did you book this in advance? Thanks.

We were down last Jan. and took GO shuttle to the Hyatt in Coral Gables ($18 ea. + tip). Coming back to Ft. Lauderdale airport we bought Carnival transfers for $20 ea. Going from the Hyatt in C.G. to the port of Miami is approx. $25 for a taxi. It all worked very well.

Peachy Girl, do you remember the name of the shared van you took after debarkation? And did you book this in advance? Thanks.

We did the same thing one year. I don't remember the name but the drivers are at the port asking people if they need a ride. We were going to take a cab but jumped in the van instead. There are so many vans and taxis you are bound to find one. The shared ride van was $20pp and a taxi was $65.

A Taxi will be very expensive, I recently used Larry's Limo and they were wonderful and reasonable, they have limo, vans and busses.

It's about a 45 minute ride and nice to have it all to yourself.

I was just asking the PVP the same question this morning when I booked our June cruise. It was cheaper for us to fly into Ft. Lauderdale then Miami so was asking him about a taxi fare from the airport to the Port of Miami and after all the information he gave me have decided that for $40 for DH and myself we will take the Carnival shuttle round trip.

We just used QLS for our Victory cruise this month. It was $68 r/t for 4 people from the FLL airport to the Port of Miami and back. The customer service was great; called once to see if we'd arrived, once to see if we had our baggage and once to let us know the name of our driver and what he was driving. The same thing happened as we got off the ship as well. They will stop at hotels in both cities as well. To contact them; www.qualitylimoservice.com or 888-743-3826.

If you are going from the ft. lauderdale airport to a hotel in Miami you might call your hotel to see what arrangements they might have. If there are 3 or more it is usually cheaper to share a private cab or van than to pay a per person rate in a van that makes a zillion stops.

We just used QLS for our Victory cruise this month. It was $68 r/t for 4 people from the FLL airport to the Port of Miami and back. The customer service was great; called once to see if we'd arrived, once to see if we had our baggage and once to let us know the name of our driver and what he was driving. The same thing happened as we got off the ship as well. They will stop at hotels in both cities as well. To contact them; www.qualitylimoservice.com or 888-743-3826.

I swear I am not grilling you. Everyone makes mistakes.

I just wanted to let you know that I just called them and it is actually '$68 EACH WAY for 4 people. :)

http://www.floridalimo.com/

last 2 times we went out of Miami we flew into Fll and have used this shuttle. Im pretty sure we paid $18 per person each way, which can be cheaper than a taxi which is about $75. If you have extra time you might want to check into renting a car one way (dollar and Enterprise) the cost is about 40-50 but gives you a like wiggle room

Try Dollar car rental. Son and I arrive FLL this Saturday. Used rental code KISSE. $31, inc. all taxes and fees, for "Dodge Caliber or similar." Drop off MIA on Sunday and take Dollar's shuttle to port.

Reverse on Sunday, 4/13, is $32. Even with gas, least expensive option I could come up with for an overnight before and after the cruise.

Great promo code there, about half the usual price. I've had my eyes open for such a deal for our cruise in September - similar issue, staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before a Miami cruise. Even with a midsize (e.g. Sebring), it's $35. Best I'd seen with promos up to that point was $56 with National, and I've been playing all of them.

(BTW, if you seriously want to rent a car anywhere, do some internet research and find out how to play "the game;" basically, book something far out directly with the car companies, but keep on looking for promo codes, rate changes, etc. If you try it again and find a better price, you usually can cancel and rebook without penalty.)

Parothead,

I rented from Budget at FLL and returned to MIA (outside of airport) and they then gave my family of four a free shuttle to the port. I made my reservation well inadvance and paid 21.00 for the car. I did the reverse when we got off the ship, I walked off the ship and within 5 minutes I was on a budget car shuttle headed to pick up my car.

Archived