November cruising

barb-ottawa

We sailed last November 24th through December 12th and while the weather was wonderful & the $$ was great, it made Christmas not as special for some reason. I was too rushed once I got home & the shopping in Rio was very expensive. so, if you do sail have all that shopping done:rolleyes:

Jan

There are great prices in the fall. The temperatures are wonderful and ships and ports less crowded. Everyone is back to school so the cruise lines offer great deals with their busy summer season over.

Hurricane season runs June thru November but I wouldn't be concerned about it being November. You never know what Mother Nature has in store any time of year.

Have fun!:)

November is one of our preferred months for cruising. The weather is generally terrific. We have never had bad weather on a November cruise in the Caribbean, but be advised that tropical weather (depressions, storms and hurricanes) can and does happen in November and no one can guarantee you very far out if tropical weather will be a problem.

That said, we have taken a cruise every November since we retired.

I cruised last November and am going again this November. I'm going with some folks I met on the roll call here last year. They always cruise in November.

The weather was fine - we had one drizzly day but I was on an all day snorkel trip so it didn't bother us. As people have said, the weather is fine (most places in the Caribbean have pretty much the same temp year round), not many kids because it's not vacation time for them, and the chances of a hurricane are pretty slim.

If you would be disappointed if the ship had to skip a particular port due to rough waters or weather, that might be something to consider. Of course that canREALLY happen anytime. It's the luck of the draw as far as storms interfering with the cruise. Remember tho, that the ships will avoid any upcoming storms and relocate to differnet ports if neccesary. No safety issues to worry about.

Most people get busy with the holidays and don't want to travel until Xmas week, when their kids are off. So prices always drop to great deals Nov- Xmas. They will be lower the first week in Jan. too, when people are winding down from the holidays. Rates and traffic pick up mid Jan-Easter.

Noticed some very good pricing for Caribbean cruises in November. Is this a good month for cruising or is it pretty cool?

November I think is the perfect time. The caribbean is in the 80s , so its just perfect. I went once in May and I almost melted. It was way too hot!! Couldn't sit on deck for more tha 15 minutes without jumping in the pool to cool off. Book in Nov!

We sailed last November 24th through December 12th and while the weather was wonderful & the $$ was great, it made Christmas not as special for some reason. I was too rushed once I got home & the shopping in Rio was very expensive. so, if you do sail have all that shopping done:rolleyes:

Jan

We also cruised right after Thanksgiving one year.....loved the weather, but I had the exact same problem that you had. I could not get myself into the Christmas spirit. Heck I felt like I had just gotten home from a summer vacation and my brain couldn't adjust.

I finally got my shopping done, almost at the last minute, but I decided I would choose earlier in November next time just to give me time to adjust.

Dianne

In 2007 we did B2B for a total of 14 days. We left Miami just after Noel hit so we had some slightly rough waters for a few days. If you have any concerns about motion sickness bring along the patch or some other remedy that you know is effective. Other than that, the only types of problems that you would encounter would be if a storm hit, you may be delayed in leaving if your ship couldn't dock on time (rare). As a previous poster also stated, you may not be able to go to a specific port. The captain has the right to change course for safety, and he will do so if necessary.

As for the temps/weather...we had a couple of days with mild showers but nothing that dampened our enjoyment. Temps were perfect.

The best advice that I can give is to go, but take your good attitude with you. Our good attitude and sense of humor had us buy a Christmas ornament in St. Thomas that had "NOEL" on it...a rememberance of the storm that started our cruise with us. A bit of rain in the Caribbean is still better than a cold but sunny day back at home.

Laura

Archived