Coffee - coffee card

hewoallan

Although I have not cruised on Princess, I would imagine coffee is free with breakfast. How about during lunch and dinner? Can you get expresso drinks with a meal? Costs? Also, what is the coffee card and when/where can it be used? I read on another post that people bring there own coffee machine. Is that because coffee is not always available or just not good?

Thanks,

AR

Coffee is free at each meal on Princess unless you are looking for specialty coffee. Expresso, cappucino, etc., can be ordered during your meal but you will be charged for those specialty drinks.

Last time I cruised Princess was about 2 years ago. I believe a cup of cappucino at dinner was about $2.50.

Dianne

Coffee is free at any time (the buffet is open 24/7 and you can always get coffee there.)

However, specialty drinks such as cappucino, lattes or espresso coffee are extra. You can either charge those using your cruise card or get a coffee card which if you drink those a lot would make them a little less expensive.

I know there have been quite a few threads regarding Princess coffee, and correct me if I am wrong, but do you not also get fresh brewed coffee with the coffee card instead of the "syrup" that is served. This just comes from reading the threads as I have yet to experience Princess coffee.

To the OP.......try the coffee first and if you don't like it then buy the card. Some people like it, some people hate it!:)

I know there have been quite a few threads regarding Princess coffee, and correct me if I am wrong, but do you not also get fresh brewed coffee with the coffee card instead of the "syrup" that is served. This just comes from reading the threads as I have yet to experience Princess coffee.

To the OP.......try the coffee first and if you don't like it then buy the card. Some people like it, some people hate it!:)

I bought the coffee card on our last cruise, you could only get the brewed coffee at the patiserie bar and even then they wanted to punch the card some times, each person working there had different ideas of how the coffee card worked.

One time I went for brewed coffee and the guy came back and told me he was brewing some as it was old, he later brought it out and I left and when I took a sip of it it was cold and gross and obviously the old stuff still even after he made me wait:eek:

Last year when we were on the Crown, we bought coffee from the Int'l Cafe...It was awful, must have been a bad batch or something, but it was far worse than the 'syrup' coffee served all over the ship (which I can tolerate):). Coffee to me is always a hit or miss wherever we go, I make the best coffee at home IMO:p and it will be a cold day in the Carribean;) when I have to lug a coffee maker through limos,traffic, airports and shuttles.:eek:

I bought the coffee card on our last cruise, you could only get the brewed coffee at the patiserie bar and even then they wanted to punch the card some times, each person working there had different ideas of how the coffee card worked.

One time I went for brewed coffee and the guy came back and told me he was brewing some as it was old, he later brought it out and I left and when I took a sip of it it was cold and gross and obviously the old stuff still even after he made me wait:eek:

I thought I had read that too about them wanting to punch the card for the brewed sometimes. I wonder who you would ask to find out if they should be doing that or not. And old, cold coffee is not something I would want my card punched for!:eek: :)

OK - this is the REAL FACT - coffee card is $24 + 15% gratuity. It will get you 15 specialty coffees such as latte, cappucino, espreso etc plus unlimited fresh brewed coffe at the pattisserie without a punch - In fact - you can get two, one for yourself and one for your SO.

Ron

I thought I had read that too about them wanting to punch the card for the brewed sometimes. I wonder who you would ask to find out if they should be doing that or not. And old, cold coffee is not something I would want my card punched for!:eek: :)

I had to tell them that they don't punch for brewed coffee and then they would go confirm it - you would think they would know these things:D :D

Just had the card on an Emerald cruise ending last week. Another benefit is getting hot chocolate free with the card. Don't know if that's new, but this cruise was the first time anyone told us about that. We took advantage of it several times in dining rooms and at the International Cafe.

Just had the card on an Emerald cruise ending last week. Another benefit is getting hot chocolate free with the card. Don't know if that's new, but this cruise was the first time anyone told us about that. We took advantage of it several times in dining rooms and at the International Cafe.

Wish I had known that, DS loves his hot chocolate :D

He settled for 30 days of chocolate milk instead - poor child:D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Really? There is seriously an extra charge for HOT CHOCOLATE? What the heck is "free"? Just water?

Really? There is seriously an extra charge for HOT CHOCOLATE? What the heck is "free"? Just water?

You can get hot chocolate in the dining room at breakfast at no charge. It costs extra at other meals and at the bars.

At least on one of the cruises we were on last year, we were told that it is not included with the coffee card, but maybe that was bad info.

"Just water", you ask? They sell that also! See attached picture.

1706300331_04512_19.07Sellingwaterandsodaforshoreexcursions100_9141.jpg.09c45c9685a7c60bdd050187a7772846.jpg

Luckily we are travelling w/ another couple...

DH doesn't like coffee, and I don't want 15 coffees! One a day is sufficient!

That being said, I am a fan of soda card/coffee card. We have gotten such great prices on our Princess cruise, I appreciate paying more for these items...IF I WANT TO. DH brings Mountain Dew onboard since you are in Coke land, and I may bring Diet Pepsi myself. A soda/coffee card is fine to share, but too much for just me.

I purchased the coffee card when on the Golden. I had a cappuccino each evening at dinner and a couple of lattes. I still have 7 punches left, which I was told I could save for my next cruise.

What a good incentive to book another cruise!!!

Another virgin princess cruiser....speaking of coffee....what are the chances that they provide non dairy creamer plain or flavored??? Since I have a dairy allergy it would be nice to not have to drag my own around.;)

I don't remember seeing any but then I never looked either:D

I'm sure they must keep onboard with so many people having dairy allergies.

I was just on a princess cruise last week. If you order a "double" anything, they punch your card twice. A double mocha/late is 16oz. Make sure you get it in that cup size because we noticed once that they gave us a small cup but punched our card twice. If you like Starbucks mocha, then you won't like what they have on the ship. It tastes more like hot water and chocolate and weak coffee, not expresso shots.

Archived