Who won the "Name this ship" contest?

Lucky person who is packing for England - come forward and tell us how you did it.

What names have won? Just wonder.

Keep cruising! Life is too short no to live to the fullest!

No one has won...yet. So far 3 out of 6 total finalists have been chosen.

The finalist names are:

Mosaic of the Seas

Coronation of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Utopia of the Seas

After the 6 are chosen....I believe that the public gets to vote on their favorite name for the ship.

Check the boards and USA Today in another 3 weeks for your chance to vote on your favorite name.

If you entered...good luck!

Megan

You might want to use the search function. There have been hundreds of posts regarding the contest, most of them challenging the standards of judging.

The Search function has been broke for quite a while now.

The only one that raises an eyebrow so far is Oasis of the Seas.

:D I submitted Oasis of the Seas along with Island of the Seas. I like the idea of this perfect place out in the middle of nowhere.

Kathy:)

I like Oasis too. I don't really care for the others, but they could grow on me I suppose.

Coronation reminds me of the Queen.

Mosaic reminds me of bathroom tiles.

Utopia reminds me of the novel Brave New World :eek:

Allure is okay. If someone said it with an accent I'd like it. Otherwise it reminds me of people LURING children. I know that is not what it means but it's what it makes me think of :(

Island of the Seas isn't bad, but that would be more of a Bahama/Caribbean name than a world round name. Unless of course they plan on parking one in the Caribbean permanently ;)

I like Oasis too. I don't really care for the others, but they could grow on me I suppose.

Coronation reminds me of the Queen.

Mosaic reminds me of bathroom tiles.

Utopia reminds me of the novel Brave New World :eek:

Allure is okay. If someone said it with an accent I'd like it. Otherwise it reminds me of people LURING children. I know that is not what it means but it's what it makes me think of :(

Island of the Seas isn't bad, but that would be more of a Bahama/Caribbean name than a world round name. Unless of course they plan on parking one in the Caribbean permanently ;)

If they do "park" it in the Caribbean, it will probably be larger than some of the natural islands! Genesis class ships at 220,000 tons is a LOT of real estate, lol

Here is a link to page 37 of the original thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=695605&page=37

Let's try to post to that thread, so we don't have another one floating around again.

BTW - The search function does work! ;) You just have to know how and here is an explanation from the moderators. This is posted at the top of the boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=83&a=137

Does anyone know if the rules said it had to be "--------of the seas"?

I don't know, but given that all the RCI Ships are ___ of the Seas, I should think they'd pick the winners based on that.

DH likes Blunder of the Seas, and I like Boo Boo of the Seas, but we didn't get around to submitting them.:rolleyes:

I entered despite being from England. Probably shouldn't have bothered.

I choose Utopia of the seas (so pleased to see it as a finalist!) and Paradise of the Seas.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final 6 choices... I don't fancy the pair of any of these... I wonder if they'll let people pick entries from different finalists for the 2 names??

Liz xx

Ok thanks. I thought they might be going back to names like Song of Norway, Song of America, Nordic Prince, etc.

We did enter "of the seas" names (Evolution of the Seas) but I'm getting a little tired of the Seas. Guess I'm just missing the old RCCL days from long ago.... :o

Archived