Cruising Out Of New York

cruz4evr

I'm aware that Holland America will no longer be leaving out of New York in 2009:( and am sorry that so few cruise lines remain which will depart from the city or even New Jersey. We're planning a trip to the Caribbean again next January or February. Which cruise line would you recommend for a 9 or 10 day trip? I believe only Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival and Norwegian leave from New York or Bayonne.

Since we have been on a 7, 8 and 10 day cruise, the 9 or 10 would be preferable. :)

I'm aware that Holland America will no longer be leaving out of New York in 2009:( and am sorry that so few cruise lines remain which will depart from the city or even New Jersey. We're planning a trip to the Caribbean again next January or February. Which cruise line would you recommend for a 9 or 10 day trip? I believe only Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival and Norwegian leave from New York or Bayonne.

Since we have been on a 7, 8 and 10 day cruise, the 9 or 10 would be preferable. :)

The problem is that both HAC and Cunard (QM2) will not be cruising out of NYC in January of 2009. I think Princess doesn't start their New York cruises until the spring of 2009. If you are a HAC cruiser I cannot imagine you would want to go on either Carnival or NCL.

Too bad as we love sailing out of NYC as we live in CT and it is so much easier than hassling with the airlines.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

First it was the rising cost of fuel. Then they said they had to discount their cruises out of NYC too much in order to sell cabins.

It's probably a combination of both.

Even NCL pulled the Norwegian Jade from NYC and is keeping it in Europe year round.

As of right now, the only winter choices in 2009 and beyond is the Norwegian Gem out of NYC and the Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne.

From May through August/September, there'll be the Carnival Miracle, Caribbean Princess and the Norwegian Dawn. Celebrity's Constellation will also do a couple of fall cruises out of Bayonne to the Caribbean.

If you don't care about going to warmer climates, there are some more choices for New England/Canada sailings in the fall.

NCL just posted some 2010 itineraries and the Gem will be returning to do some southern Caribbean sailings and several to Florida/Bahamas.

Archived