choose between carnival & RC !!!!

leggzz8

Ok, if itineraries are similar, what do you want to do once you are in port? What kind of shore excursions do each ship offer? Do you want to do something by yourselves or in a group? Also, where does the ship dock? We did Bermuda on Celebrity Zenith. It was great in Hamilton, their capital. But when we went to St. George, our ship was docked slightly away from the town hall. However, NCL's ship was right there at the town hall and people could have seen the regimental marching band from their cabins on the portside. Not really an inconvenience to us, but I should have taken the time to go back to the ship and get my camera. If our ship was at the town hall location, I would have boarded and got it and been back to watch in no time. Also, check on prices for similar type rooms, availability, etc. There should be something that will make you chose one ship over the other.

I completely disagree with the similarities. Cruise lines, yes. Ships, no. Adventure of the Seas and Carnival Destiny are not even comparable. Hands down , Adventure is the better ship. It is a favorite of many. Destiny, on the other hand, gets a lot of complaints.

To the Op, if you really are able to choose between the two, go Adventure. The differences are too many to list. So just ask, what are you looking for?

• 3 weeks later...

We are also trying to decide between the same two ships...I think RC's ship would be slightly better but Carnival is in port everyday...no days at sea!

Is an extra port worth a slightly inferior ship? I'm most interested in getting off the ship and doing as much as possible. However, I don't want a terrible experience while onboard either...any thoughts...

I have never sailed on carnival but my brother has sailed of carnival and royal caribbean both several times and definitely votes for royal caribbean! I myself have only sailed on royal caribbean 5 times....that is just because the kids really like the rock climbing wall and the ice skating and the basketball courts......so that is why I have stuck with them!

One is not any worse or better than the other. It comes down to which lines ships and activities suit you. My family are definitely Carnival fans. One thing I have noticed is that RC is big with on board activities ( rock climbing,flowrider,icerink ,indoor shopping promenade,etc). With Carnival it is more about the ports of call and excursions.

I need to try a Royal Caribbean cruise.

My Wife and I went on the Southern cruise this past January and just loved it. I have no complaints about the Destiny either - I thought it was very nice.

As for docking every day, we were unable to dock at St. Kitts due to cross winds, which gave us a day at sea. I don't think I will ever go on another cruise that doesn't have a "day at sea" - that was the most relaxing day we had. Good luck making the right selection for you and your family. Either way, you should have a great time.

Archived