Promenade Cafe - Embarkation Day

Sorry if this has been asked before but the search feature wouldn't work.

Is the Promenade Cafe open when you first board on embarkation day? I have seen comments about the wonderful sandwiches and cookies and wondered if that would be an option for lunch after we board rather than head for the Windjammer like the majority of the people.

There are times that we go to the Promenade and get lunch, instead of fighting the crowds at WJ. Wonderful sandwiches and pastries.

BTW- it is also open during disembarkation. We had a long wait yesterday on the Voyager before our tags were called, and we waited at the

Promenade. Just another excuse to continue eating right up until you have to leave!

Any time we cruise on a Voyager or Freedom class ship, we bring our life-jackets down to the Promenade and sit at the cafe, have a sandwich, and people watch. We'll stay down there past the time everything shuts down for the muster drill. About one minute before the drill, we go to our muster station. And, we are NEVER the last ones to show up.

Tim

BTW- it is also open during disembarkation. We had a long wait yesterday on the Voyager before our tags were called, and we waited at the

Promenade. Just another excuse to continue eating right up until you have to leave!

Thanks for adding that information. We will want to get off early as we have a 9+ hour drive. I might pick up a couple of sandwiches and a handful of cookies for the road. I usually carry a small collapsible cooler and it will come in handy for that. :)

Thanks to everyone else for their replies as well.

Thanks for adding that information. We will want to get off early as we have a 9+ hour drive. I might pick up a couple of sandwiches and a handful of cookies for the road. I usually carry a small collapsible cooler and it will come in handy for that. :)

No sandwiches or cookies in the morning - only breakfast pastries. Don't think they allow you to take any food off of the ship anyway - I know it's forbidden at most ports.

Archived