Signatures of Excellence - New Cocktail Menus!

bepsf

On Amsterdam a couple weeks ago, we meet the mixologist/consultant to the line who is creating new bar menus and signature cocktails for the line and training the bar staff.

He said had started w/ the Vista Class ships earlier this year, spending 2-3 weeks aboard each ship, and is working his way down. I think he said his next ship is Rotterdam...

New cocktails include Expresso Martini's, the Flaming Spanish Coffee served in the Explorer's Lounge in the evenings (as much an event as it is a drink - watch the orange sparks fly when she tosses in the cinnamon!!!) and a wide variety of different flavored Mojito's, Daquiris (mango, guava & berry in addition to the standard strawberry and banana) and Martini's (apple-tini's, lemondrops, etc.)

New bar menu's also include drink specials according to the day of the week - so instead of your favorite being $6.95, you might pay only $4.95 if its on special!:)

A few of us were fortunate enough to be able to hang out in the Ocean Bar one evening w/ some of the cruise staff and entertainment staff (late show cancelled due to rough seas) - he was ordering drinks and passing them around for us to try out and critique! ("I like that one - really like this one - didn't like that one at all (pointing to an empty glass)...."):p

As far as remaining SOE upgrades for Amsterdam (like new mattresses & sheets in non-suites) - don't expect them till after the April '05 drydock....

Yes all those new drinks are on the Zuiderdam, and so is the special of the days, I didnt know it was new because it was my first hal cruise, but our table mates were really happy with the drink of the day prices, they also had unlimited refill specials too, thos cost $12.00 and could be refilled unlimited from 6 pm to 8pm, not sure if that is new either :) but most of the drinks bepsf mention were being served.

If I remember correctly:

4 parts Vodka

2 parts DeKuypers Sour Apple Pucker

1/2 part Triple-Sec

Shake w/ ice then strain into a martini glass.

Garnish w/ a wedge of fresh green apple (preferably Granny Smith)

Enjoy!

;)

Archived