Are the cruiseships generally on time when arriving in port

cawdl

New to cruising so I am asking this question. I want to book an excursion, not through the cruiseline, and it says that they pick up people from the cruiseships at 8 am. My ship is due to be in Nassau at 7am. So is it feasible to book this excursion or should I book it for the afternoon.

Fair question..

For the most parts cruise ships are on time pulling into port. However, I'm also very comfortable saying that excursion people rely on good PR to make their money.

If the ship arrives at 7am and they say they'll meet you at 8am, you'll have plenty of time to get off the ship in Nassua. I'm also sure that if for some reason you are running late, the excursion company will wait for you to get off the ship.

Disclaimer: This advise is worth exactly what you paid for it. :D If I'm wrong, I can't be held liable.

Also keep in mind that when it says a ship will dock at 7 am, it doesn't mean that you can run off the ship at 7 am. The captain has to go through a customs check and that can take an hour. They will let you know when you are able to get off. With that said, I wonder why they say the shore excursion starts at 8. Maybe they mean that people can start showing up on the dock at 8.

Thanks everyone for the response. I am specifically speaking about the Stuart's Cove excursion. They do say that they pick people up from the cruiselines at 8 in the morning.

Archived