Some quick questions please-Caribbean Princess

shamrockace

We've only cruised once before to Alaska on Sapphire and loved the trip and the ship. We were on Emerald Deck next to the back elevators and to us it was perfect. The back of the ship was always desserted and we loved it. Now we've booked a caribean sampler for 4 days on the Caribbean Princess and are booked in room B744 sailing April 27th, 2008.

First, where is the adult pools located?

Sapphire had 4 restaurants for their anytime dining. On CB is the anytime dining in the same area as the traditional? or seperate?

I remember there being two adult pools -

Aft (back) of the ship with a great view of the wake. A mixture of sun and shade during the day.

Front - Spa pool with limited lounge chairs directly near the pool, however, plenty of lounge chairs one level up. This pool also has a "wave/current" feature for swimming laps.

Both have hot tubs close by.

CB has 2 anytime dining rooms (one on the same level as the traditional dining room and the other one floor below) and 1 traditional dining room. Also two specialty dining ares for a minimal additional charge - Sabatinis (Italian with many courses) and Sterlings for steaks. Same menus for anytime and traditional dining. Anytime, traditional, and specialty restaurants have the same dress code.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for the quick response. I'm hoping for a minimum amount of children on this cruise as our Alaskan cruise was, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm also on one of the upcoming 4-day sailings on the CB. Since those are mostly over weekdays, and spring break will be well past, I'm also hoping for the same.

There are 2 adults only pools--the aft under the club Skywalkers. I don't recall a hot tub near there--up the stairs I think there were some but I also think they were for teens only.

Near the front of the ship is another adults only pool and hot tubs.

It's a beautiful and huge ship.

Go to Skywalkers and watch the wake from there--the highest point on the ship. The newer models, Emerald, Crown, etc. moved Skywalkers forward more so it's not over the aft pool anymore.

We've only cruised once before to Alaska on Sapphire and loved the trip and the ship. We were on Emerald Deck next to the back elevators and to us it was perfect. The back of the ship was always desserted and we loved it. Now we've booked a caribean sampler for 4 days on the Caribbean Princess and are booked in room B744 sailing April 27th, 2008.

First, where is the adult pools located?

Sapphire had 4 restaurants for their anytime dining. On CB is the anytime dining in the same area as the traditional? or seperate?

We chose the aft of the ship as well. You will find it less crowded. We have stayed on Emerald deck in the past, this time will be on Baja. The stairs and elevators are so easy to access. Great location!

You will find the two anytime dining rooms MUCH better than the four small ones. You should also be eating dinner quicker as the wait is shorter. Princess goofed on the dining configuration on the Diamond and Sapphire and went back to the original two dining rooms for anytime on the newer ships.

• 2 years later...

Were there any negatives to your B744 cabin? Such as. Not as private due to angle? Windy? Is any view impeded by any sightline obstruction like the bulkhead due to angle of the railing, when looking out from any spot from within the cabin? When sitting in shorter part of balcony, which looks private, can you see the ocean without standing- like can do in side balcony cabins?

Were there any negatives to your B744 cabin? Such as. Not as private due to angle? Windy? Is any view impeded by any sightline obstruction like the bulkhead due to angle of the railing, when looking out from any spot from within the cabin? When sitting in shorter part of balcony, which looks private, can you see the ocean without standing- like can do in side balcony cabins?

Have you looked here?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951

Archived